Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Tip of my hat to Mike and PSF   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There are a couple of guys who were having great seasons that got wiped out and I have to admit, if I was in either of their shoes I would be very disheartened. Truly I could have been either of these guys.

So, Mike and PrivateSnowflake, I'd like to say hang in there. Hopefully you guys are vindicated. I saw your success and saw it torn away. I hope you both pick up where you left off.

Bloomington was having the type of season I had in 2034 and if I had had that wiped out...I just don't know. And after working several seasons to get to Legends, Bloomington was practically there. It's hard to promote in this game and Bloomington had it in the palm of their hand. And that would suck. If that happens in 2034, that would have been me.

Now to my rival Margate. You work many seasons to get to Legends and Margate was leading most of the way in what may be the toughest division in BB. My season wasn't going so well. I was in the unenviable position of following xLee's example from 2034, which means, pretty good but not quite good enough.

Now we get a whole do over and while it gives me a chance, it obliterated very good seasons for both these owners. While I'm certain other owners had great seasons wiped out, these are the guys I feel empathy for. Empathy, not sympathy, mind you. I'm certain they'll both carry on and they don't want pity. But Lord, that would very frustrating.

Tough break guys, I will be rooting for you (even as I try to beat you Mike).

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Tiger, but what in the world are you talking about? It's January 2035. You speak as if you already know what will happen. Or is it what has happened? I'm confused. Any way, your tongue speaks evil magic. Creepy. Be gone.

Poof!

(Just like 2035.)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The team I feel the most empathy for is Haverhill. First place in II.1 amongst extremely tough competition, drafted their first POT 15 ever, had 4 or 5 draft picks over 13 POT, claimed 4 studs including the likes of Landon Jordan and Matt Endou. Haverhill really got torn apart by the reboot. Probably end up demoting now to boot, LOL.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry Rock. I hadn't been following your story but that sucks.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought Rock777's post was (at least in part) tongue in cheek. Found it funny. :) Hopefully not schadenfreude.

In truth, the 4 teams I feel sorry for the most are the cup semi-finalists. That kind of success is next to impossible to duplicate. Wish I could remember who they were.

After that, its the new teams that turned their whole rosters over in the first 2035.

Experienced teams should be able to find their big boy pants.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Roanoke Orioles, myself, a DIV Beavers team that started with B (so either Bolingbrook or Brookview), and the 4th was a DIII team I'm drawing a blank on ATM. Maybe someone else can chime in with it.

CactusGuy21 had a really impressive run too. A 1-0 shutout win in the quarterfinals before losing the final 2 games by only 1 run.

Updated Friday, February 23 2018 @ 10:36:33 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Definitely schadenfreude. I always take pleasure in Haverhill's torment ;)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha!

@ Shikago

The situation makes me wish we had some sort of friendly system. Could then play out the final 2 rounds and plead with Admin to stick the purple trophy in the winner's history. Oh well.

A big tip of the cap to you guys.

Previous Page | Show All |