Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2034 Award Roundup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Wrong guy got the CY young in my league. Arellano had significantly better ERA and WHIP than the winner and runner-up and he was ranked 3rd.

Also the 2B-golden glove: 11 errors and 81 DP was better than 7 errors and 51 DP.

BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve really needs to fix this Rookie bs. http://brokenbat.org/player/134585 started the season as a rookie, but somewhere through the season lost that tag. Wooten should have easily won ROY. If you start the season as a rookie you are a rookie for the whole season. Irritating.
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So how do you find all these awards? I did see two for my team listed in the league notes, but not anything other than Cy Young, MVP, Rookie pitcher and ROY.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@muncie go to league page, icon with a star at bottom is awards page

@badger post it in the bugs forum?

My team won their Ll6 div but no players got any awards, which I suppose I should be thankful for as it will probably keep my salaries down.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Which guy would you give the MVP to?

A--102 R, 44 HR, 124 RBI, 285/342/602/944.
B---97 R, 36 HR, 105 RBI, 306/378/583/961.

They're both basically outfielders. Player B had 44 games as DH.

And from above...

Wrong guy got the CY young in my league. Arellano had significantly better ERA and WHIP than the winner and runner-up and he was ranked 3rd.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but in my opinion a 3.08 ERA is not significantly better than 3.22, especially when the FIP is lower from the 3.22 guy. What is significantly better is 18 wins vs. 13; the Cy Young winner got the 18. Also, the winner only gave up 5 homers in 209 innings; that's insane.

Updated Friday, December 22 2017 @ 6:19:32 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ortiz garnered his 8th All-League award, to go with 6 All-Star awards and 4 MVPs. 'Only' finished 3rd in MVP voting this season. :)

Best player in team history.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Also the 2B-golden glove: 11 errors and 81 DP was better than 7 errors and 51 DP.

I dunno. I would happily accept 4 more errors to turn an additional 30 DPs.

Dinos were disappointed Schneider didn't get another gold glove. The winner was Cooper.

Granted, over the 160 games Schneider made 1 more error (1 vs. 2) and had 1 additional passed ball (8 vs. 9). But doesn't a whopping 5% more CS make up for that? Add in the suppression effect (fewer make attempts against Schneider due to his stronger arm) ... I suspect there aren't many managers out there who would prefer Cooper's defensive season.

I suppose Zarate's gold glove makes up for it. Never considered him a good defensive player. His award came out of the blue. Nice little cap tip to a player who has been very valuable to the team and may be reaching the end of his tenure.

The only other Dino accolade was all-league for McCarty. Its a little suspect as well. Could easily put
Moran and his 37 HRs and 134 RBI ahead purely on offensive production. But if you also consider Moran had one error all season, its really no contest. (Defense clearly not a consideration for all-league).
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Clean sweep in VI.23 for Albany:-

Cy Young - Segura.

MVP - Hasegawa.
Bradshaw has every reason to be miffed, but a .356 AVG obviously counts for a lot.

Rookie PotY - Erb.
I actually had the 2nd (Henriques) and 3rd (White) too - I actually cut White in July and that was still enough for 2 votes. Strangely, he ended up on the Lorain team who won the West, and was the losing pitcher when we won the Championship in game six. :)

Rookie HotY - Silinas.

All League: Segura, Hasegawa, Ashikaga and Kristiansen.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
All League RF: Ricardo Madrid

Rookie Pitcher of the Year: Vincente

No gold gloves, was really surprised.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My catcher picked up a Gold Glove, my second round draft pick out of Japan was the rookie pitcher of the year, and my 1B was selected to the all league team. Not bad.

Previous Page | Show All |