IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Speaking of scoring position, since I've joined it seems as if there has been a low percentage of runners that score from second on a hit. I realize speed has something to do with it, but not enough to warrant so many holding at third. I'd like to see a higher percentage of runners score on a hit.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …And then the 8th inning reminded me that sometimes there are exceptions to not trying to steal third with two outs. I agree that it should not be the norm, but if you’re running (no pun intended) a team with speed as a major part of the strategy and are willing to take that gamble when you’ve got the right guy on second base…
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
AP, everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I think that double steal was a horrible idea, but it worked out that time. Based on the next two batters (walk, single), it's hard to tell whether or not that made any difference. Any way, with that particular example Ramon stole second behind the speedster. Does anyone know if the catcher ever throws to second here instead of third? That's where the throw should have gone (but didn't) because Ramon is a horrible base stealer (12 speed with less than 50% success rate).

Updated Sunday, November 26 2017 @ 3:36:03 am PST
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 De Santis is, like, one of maybe two players on the team I would be willing to green-light for third with two outs; the rest of them, I wouldn’t want them to even think about taking off for third on a straight steal under those circumstances. I’d just like the option — preferably on a player-by-player basis — to allow it.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems to me that maybe this would be a good option to add to management controls... where it could be applied differently for different players at different innings...much like the "pinch hit for"

Default could be X

But I REALLY like more customized controls for game time decisions.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
IRL I think that the main motivation for stealing 3B with 2 out is to “put pressure on the pitcher”. Ie., hoping to score on a wild pitch / passed ball.

That doesn’t apply here, as the match engine won’t process a SB and a WP / PB on the same AB.

Here, the only benefit of stealing 3B with 2 out is that it allows the runner to score on an infield single. A lacklustre reward for the risk IMO.

(Stealing 3B would also mean no chance of an OF throwing the runner out on a single that gets through the infield. I don’t see this as a benefit tho. We are assuming a base runner with some speed. The chance of getting thrown out stealing 3B is always going to be higher than the chance of being gunned down by an OF).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Settings are always nice, but this change definitely seems like a better default regardless of any new settings.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I am simulating some changes now. Basically, for stealing third it:

1. takes into account the number of outs.
2. makes it less likely that players with conservative base stealing settings try to steal third.
3. reduces the total number of 3rd base steal attempts significally.

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cheers Steve. I think it will make for a much less frustrating game mechanic. Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |