Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Opinions on a 24Y POT13...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Snagged this guy as a Free Agent... so, not even waivers. He's just gotten the call... ready to be called up to the majors.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on him, and anyone's reaction to my thoughts on him.

My thoughts:

1) No way am I calling him up. This season is his first season in AAA. I'm leaving him in AAA for all of 2034, and probably for half of 2035.

2) I love the great hitting, decent slugging scouting reports, but his current and projected BC and PD are terrifying to me. He's potentially got another 30+SI development, but he may not reach that at his age, and he would need a good deal of that SI to go towards his BC and PD.

3) His range and arm will make for a good LF.

I want to keep him, and I want to believe that he will turn those horrifying BC and PD ratings into something around 10 for each by the time I call him up to the big club, but I don't know if I'm not giving his flaws enough credence... if I'm wasting a roster spot on him.

I'm beginning to get to the point now where I don't have any roster space to keep questionable guys...

Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting player, but I don't think he will hit his SI cap. He's at least 10 points behind the pace you would like to see for a 24 year old NP.

His build would be something like 20/7/8/17/16/12/17/7 if he somehow got to 104 SI.

I don't have any experience with players with basement BC & PD. It might work, it might not.

All together, this is not a player I would roster, but that doesn't mean you can't experiment with him.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy, Pablo Sanchez

http://brokenbat.org/player/90046

He's in decline at 34 but in his prime his SI looked something like this:

17-7-7-17-15-15-18-14

It was feast or famine. Fortunately he hit homers and stole bases. He was also a gold glove at 2B. Based on his offensive explosiveness and his defense at a key position, I think he did well for me.

Your guy probably won't reach even 104 SI. Does he hit for power? Does he run? Is LF a key defensive position? I'm not against guys with this type of build but I'm not sure he will contribute enough to offset what will surely be anemic OBP with a ton of strikeouts.

Edit: Sanchez too was a free agent. I picked him up shortly after I joined Broken Bat. As such, I was fond of him. I also had to nurse him through a very slow start to his big league career. I think most owners would not have developed him or believed in him. I did. No regrets. But I'm not sure your guy is Sanchez.

Updated Friday, November 3 2017 @ 11:54:49 am PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah tiger, i think yourguy at my guys current age had 20ish more SI...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that is potentially a great pickup. Some risk for sure, but a possible really nice upside.

1) No way am I calling him up. This season is his first season in AAA. I'm leaving him in AAA for all of 2034, and probably for half of 2035.

Think this is prudent. IMO Velarde is exactly the kind of player that may benefit the most from the double training earlier this season.

2) I love the great hitting, decent slugging scouting reports, but his current and projected BC and PD are terrifying to me. He's potentially got another 30+SI development, but he may not reach that at his age, and he would need a good deal of that SI to go towards his BC and PD.

Almeida was one of my favourite players, and one of the big helium providers as my club made its climb. Great hitting and power can cover a lot of other transgressions. Especially if he can contribute on defense.

3) His range and arm will make for a good LF.

I know he lacks fielding scouting, but his skill is already at 9 and making a nice staircase on his development graph. He might finish up at 13-14, which would make him playable at 2B.

Definitely worth a roll of the dice if you have a spot in the pipeline for him.

Previous Page | Show All |