Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> A message from HR9   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I need to apologize for a couple of my recent posts. I've noticed lately that I'm turning into that guy. Not to make excuses but I've been dealing with a ridiculous amount of stress for the last 6 months. I have a wife that's dealing with some fairly serious health issues which causes me to miss some work which causes financial stress. Not to mention my "promotion" that had a 6 month decrease in pay attached to it. With everything else going on in my life BB has been my escape. But recently there has been a significant increase in the amount of pissing and moaning in the forums. Most of it is about the server issues but there have been a couple others that just make my blood boil. I've deleted those posts and will refrain from making any more. I'm sorry but I deal with enough crybabies at work and have enough stress in my life, I really don't need to be a part of it here. I'm not leaving BB but I won't be partaking in the forums. I'll be living by the old cliche... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. Lately I'm not feeling particularly nice. Again, I apologize to Steve and everyone else.

PS - Steve, thanks for this ridiculously kick-ass game that you've created. It really is the best of it's kind. Keep up the great work!

Dan
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Dan,

Dont worry about it. Im sincerely sorry to hear youve been having tougher times. But dont feel like you have to go silent. There are times in my recent past where ive had some tougher periods that cause me to be more complaining and bitter etc but i think BB has actually been a help in some ways in helping me keep a positive tone to the things i write online. There are so many people on here that are the antithesis of typical internet/forum posters that it makes me want to be better when i write and hit “post”.

Maybe try to keep using BB and its forums as a place that brings you a smile and helps you to write positive things and cheer you up?

Have good days, man

Jeff
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Dan,
Good luck to you and yours. Life gets overwhelming at times and this game really is an amazing escape. Don't be afraid to break your promise and actually post in the forums when you want. Jeff said it really well.
Chuck

Updated Sunday, October 22 2017 @ 11:02:32 am PDT
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Dan,
I hope better times are in the near future. I definitely agree with you saying that BB is an escape. I feel as of recent, that I'm not getting the fruits of my labor in life. With that, I've felt a bit angrier IRL and on social media (not in these forums, thank god). Doing BB makes me forget about my anger(why I haven't been expressing my anger on these forums). I applaud you: I've heard that phrase all my life, but have never heard anyone attempt to abide by it. Although I love that phrase, feel free to ignore it. Once again, I hope all is well in the end with you.

Ian (aka ESAC)

P.S. I agree that Steve has made an amazing game.

Updated Sunday, October 22 2017 @ 1:56:28 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |