Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Effects of the "2034 Mega Training Update"   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I may have missed the conversation that covered this, but after training update I've noticed 2 of my players(Brady Hawes and Bruce White) have never played a game in the majors, but it now shows them with 1 year experience. Was this part of the mega-training update problem, or is this something else?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, its all related. Some players seem to have gotten a years worth of training updates.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which players got a years worth of training updates?

There is a difference between the experience displayed for service time and experience used for training/skill computation.

Steve

Updated Tuesday, October 24 2017 @ 12:00:49 am PDT
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

There is a difference between the experience displayed for service time and experience used for training/skill computation

I don't understand the meaning of it, but that's OK.
I showed my ignorance in computer matters, so I'll shut up, and stay put in my layman's world.

But I would be nice if you, Steve, could offer SOME KIND of explanation about what happened!

Not technical, but practical: why all these minor league promotions?
(the main proof there was an unusual training)

Are these promotions legit? Will they withstand next training cycle?
Seasons ago, we went through a strange update: (a few players REGRESSED by one level.
Are we at risk of it happening again?

Most of the users who complained about Mega training, are worried that team building strategy has been screwed up.
Now, we all are readjusting our rosters.
If the recent promotions should revert back, it'd be a great nuisance.

Don't you feel like it's worth a words of yours?

Updated Tuesday, October 24 2017 @ 3:51:35 am PDT
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

The answer deserves a new thread.

In short, the message "no room for improvement" is applied to players who accrues 4 years of ML experience, but do not reach the required AB or IP to earn those skill points connected with playing time.
(my estimate is 1000 AB, 300 IP)

@Frank: Does this mean that they will stunt or no matter and they will gain at least something else?
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What is everyone doing with their 'bonus babies'?

The guys who were needing the boost or who appear to have enough experience at their previous level, and were recommended for promotion, I have promoted. The rest...I think I'm going to leave them until at least Friday's update (assuming its a regular one).

Triple J gained 5 SI in Rookie ball, 7 SI in A ball, and had already gained 11 SI in AA before last Friday's powerup when he gained 6 more, meaning he has gained 17 SI at that level. He'd probably have played 30-50 more games in AA without the boost, so my question is: does he have anything left to learn? Obviously the game recommends promotion for him, but I still feel like hedging my bets a little.

Thoughts?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd guess that guys who went up 30 SI probably had at least one years worth of training. Never mind all the players who are skipping a level in the minors. Pretty obvious some players received over one years worth of training.

Here is one of the more obvious examples Steve, since you seem to have missed it in the other thread.

Updated Wednesday, October 25 2017 @ 9:13:40 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

What is everyone doing with their 'bonus babies'?

No bonus babies for me. I wasn't one of the lucky teams who made out like bandits during the training glitch :(
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It does seem like he got a pretty big SI dump.

Steve
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't get any bonus babies, really depressing

Previous Page | Show All |