Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Update #1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Haselrig, I was thinking about starting a thread to discuss that. This update really messes with my timetable. I now have 9 players being recommended for the Majors, and I don't have spots for them as some were on pace for 2035 and even 2036 call ups.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My young major leaguers who got the majority of Spring Training playing time didn’t pop much...but my minors went ballistic...seems like a lot went wonky...
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm jealous, I only had 99 pops. All but 5 players are being recommended for promotion... I'm so confused. I don't know what to do...
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Newtman My timetable is messed up a bit now too. I now have 15 players in AAA, seven of which should be promoted to the Majors, two who may not learn much more. I'm hesitant to call this a blessing just yet...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm hesitant to call this a blessing just yet...

AAA guys can just fallow at AAA. Really no harm there.

The question is more about the lower levels. My 1st round pick from last season pitched 17 innings of A ball, and is heading to AA (at age 18). That is new territory for me.

But I'm not worried. I'm excited. This is a unique, possibly whacky interval. A shake up to the general routine.

Part of me thinks we should double up training every 10 seasons or so just to keep managers on their toes. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure every team got the same number of training sessions. I had 79 pops, but only a few guys recommended for promotion. I had five guys with 50+ ABs and three pitchers with ~30 IPs that didn't pop at all.

Although these were all guys who already had a lot of training... I guess it was really only the minor league training that was done multiple times. Guys in AAA that had a lot of their training already didn't seem to pop at all.

EDIT: After seeing one guy who popped 17 SI on another team, I'm pretty sure some teams got more updates than others... I had a pitcher in AAA who is way behind in development, but only managed to pop 1 in fielding :(

Updated Friday, October 20 2017 @ 8:42:27 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Now I'm not sure what to think of my A players who only had one pop...
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a couple of young ML still developing that got "no room for improvement" despite being not close to the top.
What do with them? One is playable, the other was a project, if gets stunt, he has less sense..
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I had at least three guys get hit with that this update, too, though only one of them is actually short of his POT range (and, fortunately, still usable for me down here in VI). I’m personally just writing it off as a case of the scouts being wrong.

We do know that there’s a degree uncertainty to the numbers; just like sometimes a guy goes past what his POT says he will, some guys top out before they get there. I think you just got unlucky. Ibarra looks okay, but kinda sucks about Newton…
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This throws off my timeline at 2B, but I'll live with it. Guy I was going to have replace my current starter at 2B hasn't gotten his full 2B yet, but got the majors recommend after the training snafu. I'm sticking him in the OF VS LHP just for the skill gain benefits, and will probably let him come off the bench to fill in VS RHP. I wouldn't even do that much, but my future OFs aren't done cooking yet. If he pans out, awesome. If he flops, some VI team can use him to fill a hole. I've got a couple other options floating around my minors, just not quite as ideal as this guy looks--or looked, before it went sideways.

Previous Page | Show All |