Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Is my pitcher progressing too fast? From Rookie to AAA in 3 seasons   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Salomon Ruiz was my #2 draft pick in 2030 at 16 years old with 27 SI.

So far, he's spent a year in rookie, two in A, another in AA, a 3/4 of a season season in AA, and now he's in AAA.

It feels like the game's promotion recommendations are rushing him along, and he's now in AAA at age 19 with 58 SI.

He still has 53 SI to grow to hit his cap... however, the way it's going he's going to get a majors recommendation after next season with <70SI, leaving over 40SI to gain in the majors.

I don't know... this feels like it's going too fast. Do these promotion recommendations seem right to you?

amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a similar case in Anguiano. He got the call at last Friday's update, despite having just 68 SI at age 20. He had 153 games in A ball, but just 45 in Rookie, 73 in AA and now 78 in AAA.

As a 12 POT he doesn't have a huge distance to go to hit the minimum 96 SI. I could have given him a cup of coffee these last few games but already have enough young guys needing playing time. Anguiano has made good gains but I'll probably leave him down through at least spring training to see if he makes further improvements.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My approach is that I will leave down these guys I think are getting recommended too fast unless they stop gaining SI in the minors.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
There are different learning curves for everyone but I don't think you would err if you left him in the minors longer.

I have a AAA pitcher, just 22 YO, Cohen, who has been recommended for much of this season. I've kept him in AAA and may for awhile yet.
Why? Just 63 SI and a very quick promotion trajectory as well plus I had no roster spot available in the show. But he's gained 13 SI this season which is a very healthy growth rate and he has very low range and arm. To the point where if range and arm were more average, he would probably be at 70 SI right now. He will probably see action this season in the show but if he's growing well, I don't see the rush if I already have enough pitchers.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I agree with brentswagger.

I would give him at least another half season or full season in AA before promoting to AAA. He is promoting fast and given his age my thoughts are that it would not hurt him to have more time in AA.

Like what brentswagger said, if he stops gaining SI then I would then promote.

Previous Page | Show All |