Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Recent Changes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, minor detail to hold a ball or checklist vs bat, but the little details make games fun. Great job Steve, much appreciated!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks...I appreciate the kind words.

Steve
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed some new stuff in the game engine ive never seen today. The pitcher is described coming out to the mound each inning and I seen a Guy strike out on a bunt attempt.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, somebody suggested announcing the pitcher each inning because when you watch the game in "live" mode, you'd have to track who was pitching from the previous inning.

Strike out on bunts have always been in the game engine.

Steve
sbrooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to say thanks to Steve for the pitcher announcement addition, since I was the one that requested it. Now I know which pitcher to get mad at for giving up so many runs. I know I could figure it out with a box score, but it is nicer to have while I'm "watching" the game.

Could we get a bit of variety in how it is announced? maybe like "x is still on the mound or x will start the inning for the y's" That is of course if you get a chance.

One more request while I'm at it. I would be nice to know what "handed" the new pitcher is when he enters the game. It would help to track the managers actions better.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I will add that to the ‘to do’ this. I would like to start storing the games as codes, rather than text which would allow me to compress the storage size and incorporate multiple language support at some point. Will probably roll this suggestion into that change.

Steve
cjmoules

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I Am in a Loop where i can't remove players because of player roster limitations and can't add players to change my roster and economic situation Please help
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello cjmoules, researching your team, you don't have any prospect, you MUST add one young player every week. I will give you some advice on how you could improve your economy step by step:

Plan Alpha
a) Sign a new youngster every week (try to be the best available)
b) When you signed one player, assign him to the major's roster, then release one player of the same position with higher salary.
c) Do "a" and "b" until you have replaced all your players. That way you will have the lowest salary ever you can have 500,000 each player. (10 pitchers and 13 other position players)

If you follow this phase, you will not win a lot of games, and thus your income will suffer. But then you will have the lower salary. Once you have done this, go to the next step.

Plan Beta
a) Sign a new youngster every week, try to be the best available. "Good average" or "Very good average." The younger the better.
b) Follow their development and training.
c) Watch your financial: Income and Expenses; watch your ballpark assistance regularly, your fan mood, and your rating.

Once you are in black (with profits), and a good balance in bank, proceed to the next plan.

Plan Gamma
a) Keep doing "Plan Beta".
b) Star signing "Free Agents" to replace your players from "Plan Alpha".
c) See if any of your players signed from "Plan Beta" is ready for the majors, then take him to the glory.
d) Continue watching the "Plan Beta" step "c".
e) Increase your ballpark only if you filled in the previous season at least in the last month.

Remember this is a long term plan, if you want the short way, just ask Steve to give you a better team.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Let's continue this discussion on the this duplicate thread: I AM IN SALARY CAP HELL

Steve
bostonjoe477

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with everyone above that the changes have been for the best. They have certainly improved my team and my enjoyment of the game.

One thing that I am curious about is weren't you used to be able to modify the ballpark in season? Just curious because now that I have a winning team I wish that I had expanded capacity more.

Previous Page | Show All |