Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Does this game need to speed up?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The world classic is tolerable and some people like it. I don't but at least it is quick and it sometimes provides some drama.

Spring Training is too long.

All we are doing is throwing youth out there to play.
If we were actually playing and evaluating starters (33-35 year old) to compete for positions etc then spring training would be more worth the time it takes. As it is the games just cycle through and then we finally hit the regular season, throw our starters out there and see who can and can't still play. There really is no spring training for your main team.
Spring training real time days should be cut in half if not more imo.
There is not much else to do, no draft pick, waivers are mostly played out and it gets boring real fast waiting for the season.

Other than that I love the pace of everything else in the game, it seems to be very well thought out.
I really hate to nitpik my absolute favorite game but the op asked an interesting question.
:-)
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring Training is slow, for me.

I am not a fan of Cup, but I realize some like it. I don't like it interrupting regular season games, which is what I really care the most about.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Actually, going on what Freddy said, it sounds like Spring Training could use split-squad games. The problem there is that it’s possible to literally not have enough players on an overall roster to field two teams.

In regards to the question, I like the pacing of the game, generally speaking. There’s enough time between each series that you can make adjustments as necessary, and even a bit of downtime between games where you can give things a quick tweak if you really need to.

There are really only two places where I’ve ever been left thinking, “Can we just get on with it, already?” First, like Freddy said, Spring Training. I’ve already grumped over on the Discord server a few times about wanting it to be time for Training Update #1 and the second draft round, just ask Li or DcM. The other time is after September 1 of any given season, particularly if I’m out of the race (whether because I’m too far behind or too far ahead). I can’t make any significant roster moves, and generally just kind of twiddle my thumbs until either the postseason or following preseason.

Actually, there’s also Meaningless Monday™ once you’re out of the Cup (and, similarly, Friday afternoons). Maybe handle Cup games similarly to the World Classic, where the Cup games get run in the morning and the League games get run in the afternoon?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its fine as is. I appreciate getting a short break from having to check the game every night.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Same, it's mostly fine for me. Just a couple of grumbles. Spring training gets to drag by the end, and it seems to last longer with no draft pick in the middle of spring training. But overall I'm happy with the pace.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Re live game action.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding he post, but you can set the speed of live game action under your profile.

On topic, the off-season (wbc week) is supposed to be slow. Spring training is supposed to be slow. I think these two weeks help shape the season, and keep one from blending into the next.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I can better use this time.
After a 17 inning nail biter (we had them until they hung a 9 on us in the 17th!)we have no pitchers left.
33 year old waiver pick up Lee Sheppard will get the call and be asked to go the distance. Maybe I'll get a look at whether or not a 7 point decline will turn his arm to jelly.
Can't read much into it if he dominates A level hitters but if he gets shelled it will be a bad sign.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with the pace is good,spring training is really too long and the cup games are and interruption and annoying. The no draft pick the one week really needs to go,makes a boring week intolerable. But the pace is fine,allows me to concentrate on the leagues I run and play in on pennant chase.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I whole heartedly disagree that the cup and world classic are boring and an interruption. If anything, I believe they are great additions to this game and need better exposure and better tracking and presentation.

And I think the pace is fantastic, although I agree the lack of a draft pick between 1&2 is bad.

Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I can live with the dragup of spring training, plenty of waivers, roster changes, and team scouting, etc. Even though I understand the feeling.

The biggest holdup for me is the meaningless mondays/frozen Fridays. Geez I hate those days. If your full throttle into league play, and then boom! You hit meaningless Monday. It knocks out all the momentum.

But quick solution. Allow users to schedule scrimmage/friendly games on the meaningless mondays and frozen Fridays.

Previous Page | Show All |