Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Does pitcher fatigue mean anything??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Utah Dodgers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know after my starter finishes his turn his energy bar is very low i don't know how 1 pitcher could pitch every day.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting...I'll have to look at this more. His long reliever is pitcher a lot. His overall ERA is about 3.60, so that pretty good but not dominating.

Steve
BobbyWadd

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/team/180
Actually is quite interesting to watch. For a while the 3rd and 4th starters were not defined, now none are. Cohen leads league in Ks and wins of course. Kinda sucks though, cause I got guys that would compete to lead in both if he wasn't around, lol.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...he got hit pretty hard early in the last two game today and his ERA is on the rise. I will continue to monitor the situation.

Steve
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@BobbyWadd

sigh...
I'm not even active. I'm not "competing" with you. Never even bothered to set my spring training lineup or regular season rotation. Didn't even attempt to sign a single player. But now some try-hard, log in everyday team is complaining about my team? Look, relax. You'll promote easily. Which is what your true concern most likely was.

Since you've been following my team far more closely than I have... If you had some issue with it, why not send me a message directly ("mail" in the top bar)? Or the admin. Rather than starting a public forum topic about it.

(on other forums you'd actually be instantly banned for posting anything even resembling cheating accusations / alleged exploits... of course here it's a-ok apparently. SMH.)
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Beyond disappointed in your handling of this Steve.

Seriously. Completely unprofessional.
BobbyWadd

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
shikago I never said you were cheating. I never asked for any action. In fact I thought you were shooting yourself in the foot since I think your pitching is top notch. I wanted to point out what I thought was a flaw in the game. Anyway if you aren't active what do you care, lol?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I’m sorry...maybe I should have been more clear. I think what you’re doing is totally within the rules, however over the long term; I would like to adjust the game engine and pitcher fatigue so that this tactic isn’t feasible (since it doesn’t model the reality of real baseball). Perhaps I need to tweak pitcher recover time, perhaps I need to increase the injury risk or maybe Cohen’s ERA is going to eventually skyrocket and it will prove that the tactic doesn’t work particularly well. I am anxious to see how it plays out.

BTW, one of the things on the To Do list is to have adjustable rotation sizes. You’d be able to switch between 4 or 5 man rotations depending on how much rest and how deep your pitching was.

Steve
BobbyWadd

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I was also thinking that maybe having LR (or SS I assume) as the sole default starter could be changed to factor in fatique and stamina or something like that.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Once I played a game in Playstation (baseball) that the starter of a game (doesn't need to be a regular starter) was blocked to take part in at least three games after his opening, even he had pitch only one inning.

So, this could be a feature for the starting pitchers, that they are unable to start another game, after three days (those for 4 starting pitching rotation) or four days (those for 5 starting pitching rotation)

Previous Page | Show All |