Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Ideas around draft pools and timing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all

So I've been wondering... if I'm rebuilding and expected to suck for 2 seasons, for example.... while all my current major leaguers (underdeveloped youth) regain their development and hopefully pan out to quality starters in 1-2y...

What would make the most sense in terms of the draft pools to be selecting from? For example, I'm thinking I'd rather make draft selections all this year that can be majors ready as soon as possible (assuming they are worth being in the majors).

That seems to me to mean Asian leagues. Does that make sense to you guys? What's the general feeling on the Asian leagues stock? I'm assuming they are already close to majors ready, but there's less chance for greatness. While college has a better chance of greAtness but longer time to wait for majors. And high school obviously greatest chance for greatness with longest wait on development maturity.

Am I right in this thinking?

Thanks!

Jeff
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Asian pool will get you guys that are ready within that time frame. I wouldn't completely neglect College though. See how well you like your Asian recruits and then figure out if you want to stick or move to College. One of the downsides of selecting guys who are ready for the pros is that you are limited in which positions they will be able to play. You draft a right handed 1B with 18 fielding, range, and arm, and you wouldn't have time to train him at SS. Personally I would just go College for a couple years, then go Asian after the College guys start getting up towards AAA. That way you are bringing you full power to bare all at the same time.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I concur. Focus on college with a couple of Asian pulls.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Much obliged, gents

Previous Page | Show All |