Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Age where underdeveloped becomes lost cause?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys

Is there a general consensus about what age is the cut off point for underdeveloped guys? Meaning, at what age will a player no longer be able to gain any of his remaining potential?

Example, a 28 y/o pot14 with only 90SI. At 28, is he pretty much done? With just a few SI left to dribble in? Or will he potentially gain another 10-20+ through his 28-30 years?

Thanks!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had guys gain SI as late as 31 (but its usually just 1 or 2 points). They can still gain a healthy amount at 28, but then its starts going downhill pretty fast from there. They can still gain a few points at 29. Every player has a different growth pattern. I could easily see a late blooming 28 year old gaining 10 more points if he has the right growth pattern, but 20 is probably not realistic. Also remember they can start losing skills at 29, so you can be fighting an uphill battle if they age quickly.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it partially depends upon why a player stunted. If the player didn't get enough training in the minor leagues, the late twenties is probably going to do it. However, if a player received plenty of minor league training but didn't ever get major league experience, they can gain points even into their mid 30s as they do get that experience. I've seen that happen a couple of times.

Previous Page | Show All |