Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> World Classic 2033   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Mexico vs. Australia in the Finals!

Really surprised Australia got to the finals. Mexico the favorites to win it all? They seem pretty unstoppable.

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You'd think so right, but AU has been surprising their way all through the tourney. I'll put my money on the underdog.

That said... look at this monster. Good lord.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going with Mexico sweep. I'm stunned Australia has gotten this far, their roster doesn't look to be any better than my crap division V roster, meanwhile Mexico, umm, yeah, is kind of good.

Still mad DR didn't make it out of round 2, they've got my only player in the Classic, Luis Roldan, since South Africa and Poland didn't participate.

Updated Thursday, July 27 2017 @ 1:13:46 pm PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, that's a resounding first game victory.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Which the Aussies then promptly turned around and answered with a shutout.

Can they take down Mexico? I’m not going to commit to an answer on that — I’m no bookie or fortune teller — but they’ve already felled a couple of heavyweights in Puerto Rico and South Korea. It’s almost like they’ve spent the whole Classic building up for this series, and they’ve delivered a statement with that last game that they’re not going to just roll over.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1-1...really surprise by the Aussies!

Steve
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
What the whaaaa? A shutout from a guy who's pitching pitching >4 ERA the past couple seasons?! Against a lineup that might as well be the all-star team?

WHAT IS THIS

Edit: And now Mexico destroys the Aussies again.

Updated Thursday, July 27 2017 @ 4:02:03 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As excited as I was to see Rosa's performance in the Classic last season, this season he was as bad as he was good last season. He gave up 4 runs in all three of his starts. On the bright side he was consistent, giving up the same number of runs each game, and going 5 or more innings each time as well. Unfortunately if he gives up 4 runs per start in Legends, Raleigh WILL be back down in LL II next season.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 There was mention earlier this season of being able to see how your players in the World Classic have been doing. I’m not sure if this is new or if I just completely overlooked it until now — I’d give even odds either way — but there is a “National Team” link at the bottom of your statistics page that might be exactly what you were looking for.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh awesome. I didn't know Steve added it. Yeah I think that's definitely new. I love it. Thanks steve!

Previous Page | Show All |