Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 Minor League Players of the Year   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Who are your most outstanding minors?

Player of the Year - Alex Tyree, OF
26 HR, 97 RBI, .336 BA, 23 SB in 133 AA games

The future is bright for this up-and-coming left fielder. I just can't wait to get him onto the big league team!

Cy Young - Cole Burk, RHP
19-12, 220 2/3 IP, 2.94 ERA, 192 K in 36 AAA appearances (31 starts)

Burk could be a really special player. He's been a consistent top-15 and now top-10 prospect in all of Broken Bat. He'll be a strong contender for Rookie Pitcher of the Year next year and maybe even an All-Star spot.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Starvin Marvin had a great year in AAA, hitting for power, very unlike his previous seasons. He should be ready for Majors next year and I will field him from the day he gets the nod, to see if he has it in the bigs as well.

On the pitching side, Sexton can't wait to get to the bigs, and I'm also waiting for him. He's pitching 3.59 through 7 minor league seasons.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot Buff. I've been so focused on League play that I haven't paid much attention to my minor league guys. They stink! There are a few so-so seasons, but only one that I would classify as at least good. Moody was promoted to AA in week 1 and has done very well. He's 7-1 with 9 saves while sporting a sub-3 ERA. His WHIP, however, is over 1.5, which a bit scary. His FIP is right where it's been his entire 5 years in the minors, near 3.4. I haven't been big on him because he's only a 12 potential guy, but I think he might be able to command a relief spot down the road because he doesn't give up homers. He's thrown more than 100 innings so far this season and only allowed 4 gopher balls. That's impressive.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Generally I dislike guys in Rookie ball that can buy booze legally ... but it looks like we need to recognize a great half-year from Gonzo

On the pitching side, another oldie ... Lukas
526 innings in 2 minor league seasons??
We will be inviting Dr James Andrews to his major league debut.

Updated Saturday, July 15 2017 @ 4:30:12 am PDT
itsjustmath

Plymouth Pilgrims
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
For the best player JPV won the award for Plymouth. He topped the organization in OPS and SLG. Also considered Barrow for his 20/20 season. I just don't understand how a 7 speed has 20 SB's.

Best Pitcher was between Corradi and McConnell. McConnell was given the nod. I can't wait to see McConnell in a Plymouth uniform some time next year.

Previous Page | Show All |