Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 Draft #8   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
4th catch-and-release in a row. I haven't had a keeper in rounds 6-10 since Trever Basso, who was a 6th round pick back in 2026.

Did the draft talent distribution change a season or two back? Feels like the pickings have been pretty slim last two seasons - even in the upper rounds, I feel lucky to see a 'Good' potential player.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nah. Just confirmation bias. Look at my draft board and you will see evidence of slim pickings going back to 2023 (when records started to be kept).
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, Rock - your drafts actually make mine look better than I thought they were!

Also, one of my former picks is playing in your system:

Juan Manuel Quiles

I don't remember why I cut him exactly. I think it was a case of he wasn't cut out to be a good outfielder with the range, and I had a backlog of DH-types already and Quiles had no hitting comment.

A slightly older and wiser me sees he's on track to hit for average with a decent PD and BC with decent speed on the basepaths. He'll probably end up being a decent LF leadoff man.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He is a bit of a project. No guarantee he will work out. A bit underdeveloped for his age, and right hander with no power isn't great for a LF/1B. The only thing really keeping him in my minors right now is his OPS, but he didn't have that when you cut him. And it may not translate to AA (if he ever makes it to AA, LOL).
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I looked at Rock's draft history three or so weeks back and shut my mouth afterwards. (I think I was busy bragging or something.)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It actually doesn't look so bad this year with three POT 13s, but two of those were late round picks with poor scouting/builds.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Immediate catch and release player.

Still been an incredible year for drafting sans the first round.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
8 was a insta-cut.

But DAYUM Buff ... guess I wasn't kidding when I said we draft well when we're in the same league.

Not sure what my 14pot 1st will turn into ...

Should be some fun minor stats watching
Steve vs. Kaniela

Updated Monday, July 3 2017 @ 4:28:03 pm PDT
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I feel like I've had an awesome draft season. Six out of eight still on my roster and a seventh on another team.

But as I look at it more, I'm going to end up dropping a bunch, and none of them are real game changers. Not gonna complain about a 14, 5 13s, a 12 and an 11, though.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@garfscores "Six out of eight still on my roster and a seventh on another team."

That seventh one is on my team...hard for me to pass up a Left Handed hitter who has a good shot at ending up with 60+ points in the four hitting categories.

Wish he had a positive hitting report, but then you probably wouldn't have dropped him...

Previous Page | Show All |