Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Greatest pitching performance ever?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This game has to be the best pitching performance ever in BB. If not, I'd like to see the one that tops it. I ain't even upset I lost this game.

http://brokenbat.org/game/2477838

Updated Tuesday, June 27 2017 @ 3:13:23 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Filthy. It could be argued it isn't the best ever because it isn't a perfect game, even though he was perfect through nine. Why did he have to give up a walk to one of the 37 batters? The performance is definitely given an exhibit in the Broken Bat Hall of Fame, though. Some one needs to save this game so it isn't lost forever.

Updated Tuesday, June 27 2017 @ 3:56:34 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
A pitcher's duel for the ages. I'd be mad about the one walk even if a 10-inning no-hitter is impressive in itself.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Some one needs to save this game so it isn't lost forever.

I bookmarked it just because it's so sick. True, it's not a perfect game but it's hard for me to argue against it as one of, if not THE best pitched game ever. I had a guy throw a perfect game last season but I think this one surpasses that.

- perfect for 9
- no hit for 12
- 8 Ks
- only 117 pitches thrown

That's just stupid...
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, to be nitpicky, he only struck out 8, which is not exactly dominant over 12 innings. It means he was pretty fortunate that balls in play were typically hit at or near fielders. Plus, as mike pointed out, he did walk a batter. It could be argued that any perfect game is better than this one because this wasn't perfection.

That's just me playing devils advocate. You'll be hard pressed to find a better performance than that.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Great performance. Scary thing is he was actually one base hit away from losing the game, LOL. The guy he walked stole second.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He threw a perfect game...and then three no-hit innings...

...meanwhile I would be happy for one of my starters to just make it through the 6th.

Previous Page | Show All |