Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Now that's a hole   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
After 64 games,my team is (-234) for run differential. Thus is the result of having to cut costs to raise finances. My team has gotta be on a record pace lol

Updated Thursday, June 15 2017 @ 5:51:23 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yikes!

I guess the pressure is off. :)
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That's not a hole.

THIS is a (turtle-sized) hole.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok.. that's insane.

I'd almost want to take that challenge just to try but man, someone didn't get the memo about 'tanking' doesn't help your draft position.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
OMG that's insane!!! I feel good now lol
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holy crap, what the heck?
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Average age of ML roster is 35.I see the strategy. Possible salary reduction when they become eligible for social security.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is anyone else thinking this is an owner with a second account? The drafts are another clue. They released all but one of the better players and are playing the bad draftees right away. I wonder who the real owner is. My guess is they're experimenting to see how badly players get stunted by promoting them immediately. Other than releasing a few good players into the pool, I can't see any other possible purpose for their actions.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a bad guess. The manipulations are clearly intentional therefore it's someone who knows the game and game mechanics - i.e., an owner either current or former.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure that's right Mike. I can't think of any reason someone would try to undermine their team that badly other than it is their second (or more) team. Broken Bat doesn't even have a record book for worst teams or team stats, so it isn't like they can etch their name in the record book. It will be forgotten as soon as this thread drops off the front page of the forums activity.

Previous Page | Show All |