Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> ROI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Every once in a while a star player pops up on waivers that makes me do an ROI calculation, LOL.

"Colt" McKenzie undoubtedly has a couple more all-star years in him wherever he lands, but 8.5 million is a little too step for my bank account :(
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I long felt he was under-utilized. One of the best arms in Legends, but only pitching 40-50 innings a season.

I liked ryandinho making him a 3 inning closer. Made games against Buffalo even more tense - couldn't be behind after 6.

Even so, think I would have tried him as a starter had he been a Dino.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I need a 5th starter right now. He is VERY tempting. But that price tag is really prohibitive.

I really would like to leave Joe Sargent down a bit longer. He really isn't ready to start. I made the mistake of letting "Tabasco" Saucedo go when I ran out of roster space, thinking I could always spot in Norm "The Paradox" Parodi during interleague if I didn't manage to land another starter before then.

But then I rage fired Eugene Nash and Josué Colón got injured, leaving Parodi as my only setup. So now I am forced to either bring up Sargent or start one of the loser LRs I'm trying to develop into MRs...

Updated Monday, June 12 2017 @ 6:33:55 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Joe Sargent. Great baseball name. :)

If you were taking McKenzie on a short term contract, this would be the best ROI time of the season. With interleague starting, should be able to get quite a few innings out of him for a paycheck or two.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that is why I am still tempted... Of course if he performs in interleague, it will be difficult to cut him. That really is a devastating salary...
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Oof that salary is almost half my team salary
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I put my claim in. Not that I've had much luck with high priced free agents. Glad to see him land in another league if I didn't get him. I definitely would have used him as a starter even though that isn't where his experience and success lies.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"I long felt he was under-utilized. One of the best arms in Legends, but only pitching 40-50 innings a season."

Yep, that what happens when you have a new manager who doesn't know what he's doing!

I don't regret it though, considering when I took over Buffalo we won League 2.2 in 2024, demoted from Legends in 2025, won League 2.1 in 2026 , won Legends East Division but lost against the Royals in 7 games in 2027, then won the whole darn thing in 2028.

Not too shabby IMO. Too bad it's the past though and now I can focus on rebuilding my team. :)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, that what happens when you have a new manager who doesn't know what he's doing!

Hehe. I certainly didn't intend for that to reflect on you. That was the role McKenzie was in when you inherited the team.

Many managers put one of their best assets into the closer role. I get it, but I don't like it. I want my best arms pitching lots of innings.

Previous Page | Show All |