Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Chatter   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice Beans

In (semi) related news ... Blaine "DeBeers" (my first top prospect and 2nd top 10) got recommended for the majors ... congrats to the next top prospect.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Follow-up on Callaway. Gained yet another annoying point of Fielding, putting him at 102 SI. Still no gains in Movement to match the scouting comment. Two more SI and he's in 13 POT bump territory. Now I'm getting antsy.

Faust is now where he should be with Power today, with roughly 10 to 11 more SI to go? We'll see how his Age 27 season goes. Will Hitting, BC, and PD fill out more now? He's going to continue to butcher defensively at 1B, but not like I have better options.

Oh, and Muniz with two more today. If Broken Bat has taught me anything, the Age 25 seasons in the Bigs can be brutal sometimes for players. I'm sadly getting bumped down to LLIII now, but maybe he'll manage OK in a full season? Still, not going to get my hopes up too high.

Was rooting hard for at least one more SI for Landry. Yeah, he has a long track history of low SI gains each season, but still... I think he'll still be an excellent catcher defensively, but if I decide to keep and play him, he may track similarly to a normal MLB catcher, who often doesn't become offensively viable until 29 or 30. If I figure four SI a year, even in the Bigs, he won't be at his expected SI until the end of his Age 29 season, and he may be fortunate to even do that. Hrm.

Oh, and the conundrum of my minor league system remains "K.K." Really tough to let go a probably 14 POT SP, but those Minor League numbers give me a small heart attack. I hate to invest SI gains in a player who may inevitably flop. The HR/9 numbers in the Amateurs gives me little reason to think he'll succeed, so why do I keep him? Because of the tiny chance he may still be a useful arm despite the crap Control? I almost have to roll with him for at least another couple seasons, don't I? Ugh. Well, I'm not currently under a roster crunch, so I guess he has room to fail some more. *laughs*

Updated Friday, March 27 2020 @ 6:20:45 am PDT
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Corvallis - KK reminds me of Ian Gould. He had 3 control at age 21 but has 2 high pitch skills, Major League fastball and Exceptional curve ball. On top of that his CoS was developing at the same rate so he projected to be pretty good to great in all 3 areas. I think 3 plus pitches makes up for some lack of control, and this season even with 7 control he ended up with almost a 61% strike rate.

If I could get another control point and a few more on his pitch skills I think I'll be happy with him.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
well, if my roster is right i'm been hit with 5 minor league pitchers losing a point on potential, as well as one position player. I don't see any increases for the 2nd season in a row. :(
ShapeShuffler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like the roster I picked up is looking even better as my RF prospect just gained a potential from 15 to 16. Take a look. http://brokenbat.org/player/230176

The only trouble I'm seeing is that the computer moved him up a season too early and then only gave him 33 AB last season, don't even get me started on this.

Using projections based on previous development, with a 132 SI for the middle of the road 16 pots this is what I could be looking at if he hits that potential.

Hitting 11 + 8 = 19
BC 9 + 7 = 16
PD 9 + 8 = 17
Power 9 + 5 = 14
FLD 11 + 8 = 19

Updated Friday, March 27 2020 @ 9:51:26 pm PDT
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Champaign dropped 6 players today, one pitcher who aged and will be sitting in the hall of fame, and 5 players on the minors who dropped potential. 3 more minor leaguers also dropped potential but were deemed worth continuing. It was a sad day, but also a day of hope. I looks forward to rebuilding my minors over the next year.

Updated Saturday, March 28 2020 @ 1:40:25 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've had four prospects drop potential, the difference being a potential above average player risks becoming a below average player. Three of them are on that fine line.

The fourth is Death Angel, who is now back to where he was when he was drafted: 14 pot. His first change was a jump to 16 pot the next offseason, but he's since dropped to 15 and now 14 pot the last few seasons. Definitely preferred the old system, would rather not have the false promise of a 16 pot who isn't!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll be the dissenting voice and say I've come to enjoy the POT uncertainty, in exchange getting a little more information at draft. (Have enjoyed seeing amateur stats, in particular.) POT doesn't seem to go up or down more than one in the average case.

That said, since I and @jclemen2 were talking about K.K. earlier, he's now showing a 14 POT, which falls in line with my expectations, as I commented a few days ago.

Whittington also bumped down to a 14. While that in itself doesn't surprise me, it certainly doesn't make him more attractive, what with all that lack of Hitting scouting comment.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This player dropped potential four seasons after he was drafted in S41. Haven't seen players take this long to show true potential, up until now, thought they would show it after 1 maybe 2 seasons at most. But nope!
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
My 1st round pick from 2043 14pot is now 12pot. Training #0 was bad for my 3B he dropped 7si :(

Previous Page | Show All |