Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 Cup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I find it very hard to easily see the results and standings of the cup so I don't follow it too close. Which is a shame because it's a real cool idea. But pretty bad interface for following it.

Unless of course I'm completely missing the obvious and correct way to cover the cup.

Updated Friday, June 30 2017 @ 5:17:45 pm PDT
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another season of getting my hopes up, and another crushing blow. At least this time I lost to a very formidable opponent. Good luck to Topeka and College Station in the finals. Y'all earned it.

Now, I need to rant about some stuff that happened. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm very happy with my cup run. Alright, if you don't want to listen to my whining today, just skip the rest of this post and call it a day. :)

Now for my annual rant:
I need to work on offense with my boys so the next time we face a fatigued pitcher with a 5.26 ERA we can score more than one unearned run. That's utterly embarrassing. Oscar Virgil, one year removed from dominating opposing teams with a sub 3 ERA, has now graduated to having one of the worst seasons I have ever seen. An ERA of 6.5 is unacceptable, period. And, yet again, he proved ineffective in game 3, giving my pitiful offense zero chance to save his butt.

It's not like I had much choice of who to start though, given that my most reliable starter decided to get hurt exactly the amount of days needed to miss the entirety of cup games. Wow, that's convenient. He'll be pitching first thing tomorrow and will probably throw a no-no in a game that means absolutely nothing for me.

Game 2 was fun too! Let's throw my 2nd most reliable pitcher 165 pitches and see how that works out (Hint: not well). If you had told me before the game that I'd have a guy hit 3 dongs, Id have assumed we'd win the game... nope, and we weren't even close because besides Yabuuchi, the rest of the team was preparing for game 3 mode of doing absolutely nothing.

And, because why not, after letting Kim go 165 pitches, the manager thought it would be funny to bring in a relief pitcher with two outs in the ninth and the game out of reach. Gee, thanks. That might have been nice after he gave up four runs that one inning, but maybe I'm just crazy. And, on top of that, out of pure spite, it was Preston of all people who came in... You know, the Preston that was the most fatigued of any relief pitcher because he threw five innings in game 1, which occurred on the SAME DAY as game 2. Wow, so you're telling me that none of the other five fu****** in the bullpen were even slightly less fatigued that Preston? Hmm, interesting. And before someone says: "Oh, well it's your management settings that are all messed up blah blah blah." Uh, no they weren't . I carefully set my bullpen up to be ready for the grind, but I guess the game doesn't know that usually it's a better idea to bring in a relief pitcher at 95% then to leave a starting pitcher in after his arm fell off and was carried off the field in a coffin. My SP has to spit the ball to home plate with his mouth after having his left arm amputated, but God forbid you bring in anyone from the pen that is even slightly tight. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why you have to set everyone in the pen to the "plus" setting for them to come in at 95%. Come on, it's just logic to bring a bullpen guy in. You're crazy if you tell me that MLB relievers arms are at 100% every single time they come in the game. In fact, I'd say it's under 50% of the time that that's the case, but I digress.
//End of rant

Alright, I'll be back after game 3 of next year's blown semi-final with my 3rd annual rant.

Edit: Whew, needed to vent. I feel much better now. :)

Updated Friday, June 30 2017 @ 7:48:38 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. That was a pretty good rant. You've set the bar high. :)

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is regarding the settings, though. You apparently understand you need to have your settings at ++, so do it. That's a very easy fix. After all, your manager doesn't think at all. He follows the settings religiously.

Congrats on a nice run.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Whew, a second final four run for the Doubledays franchise and another solid defeat at the hands of an up and coming Legends team. You guys really need to start playing all minor leaguers in group stage :P
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have always liked the cup and it's structure. We pitch the opening round with rookies then try hard to win in the playoff stages every season. It seems to add that little bit of extra cash to avoid taking losses in the higher leagues.

The only problem with the cup is how utterly gutting it is to be knocked out late! We have had a few good cup runs in the past but this is by far our best shot yet. Hopefully we can survive one more round.

Good luck in the final to my last season division rival and current II.1 leader Topeka Titans.

Cheers.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats, Freddy. Well done, my friend. Now we can return to our regular programming where you beat the crap out of me in Legends :P
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well done Freddy! Congratulations!😀
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys. Winning the cup is actually a big deal to me :-) Made it to the hall of champions!

Cheers.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Freddy! Well earned title
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Freddy, well deserved!

Previous Page | Show All |