Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Attendance increase?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Just bumping this thread. At the beginning of this season I bet on a pretty good showing and set my capacity at 32,000 for league V, which I thought was a nice reach goal. Right now I am sitting on 8 sellouts for the year, so pretty much on track for the ~13 number. Maybe I left a few bucks on the table by not going higher, but who knows for sure?

Thanks to the previous posters in this thread, I believe these metrics were in the back of my mind when it was time to set the capacity at the beginning of the season!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I bumped mine up from last year, and despite being 11 games out, I already have 10 sellouts... So I'm definitely leaving a bit of dough on the table this season.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I definitely should have bumped mine up a bit further when I promoted. Every league home game I’ve had this season has been a sellout.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The Rat Hole definitely needs a bump. You'd be selling out even if you weren't 12 games in the lead. You'll be leaving more money on the table in II if you forget to bump in next season.
tamale

Concord Jets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I always just use what it says in the manual - I figure seats aren't that expensive, so there isn't much point thinking too hard about it. Had some, but not too many sell-outs in the past at those levels when my team was doing well.

However, this season I had a horror season in the cup, mostly due to getting swept by 2 Legends teams in the group stage. This led to an extreme loss of fan mood and team ranking, which has not fully recovered even though I've been doing OK in the league. Haven't got within 3k of filling my ground all season.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I started off early on by going with the league recommendations, but started eyeballing it after that. Next season, what I’m probably going to do is look at all the ballparks averages from this season and work off of that. That said, I haven’t been suffering financially with the underestimated capacities I’ve been using, either.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually look at the averages of the teams in the league I am currently in. Try to figure out approximately where I will place. And then adjust up or down from there.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Considering where I was expecting to place this season? <.< >.> <.<;
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
... you still undersized your park ;)
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with the other comments today. I look around a bit at other park sizes in my leagues, take the manual recommendation into account, guess where I think I'll end up, and then pick a number that agrees with as many of those criteria as possible.

I also agree that it doesn't much matter either way, as long as you are within +/- 5,000 seats of "optimum", the difference to the books sounds like its <$1 MM/year. I just love when a loosey goosey valuation system pays off like that and you end up right about at optimum without some crazy statistical analysis.

Updated Wednesday, August 5 2020 @ 5:39:03 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |