Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> I think I'm going to throw up...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
In spring of 2025 everywhere I looked I saw a good RHB 1B/DH prospect. I ended up signing 5 of them. Ultimately none of them stuck with the club.

I had a feeling Crane was going to be Hendricks mark II. Turned out pretty nice.

Floyd is still improving, but won RotY this past season.

Abbott stuck with the Dinos the longest. When he finally got some playing time elsewhere this past season he had a 25HR / 25SB campaign.

Botello had a nice debut this past season considering he was playing in II.

Valdez didn't catch on anywhere.

Not FABs. But I regretted having to cut most of them. Nice to see how they turned out.

Updated Thursday, May 11 2017 @ 6:48:43 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Benito Cardenal was a free-agent signing who is one of the greatest hitters I have ever seen. His old team remains in League VI and ownerless while I can look back on his great career.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have been on the receiving end of FABs, but to my knowledge, not on the cutting end of any. I also cycle through about half the number of players that most active forum posters seem to go through.

Meadows wasn't a FAB for me as I had Krause and Wallace at 1B and they have been future HoFers for me. Over the past 15 seasons my 1B program has included Meadows, Krause, Wallace, and now Thomason. I have no regrets.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Found my FAB while going through my transactions!!

Alberto Aquirre. Look at what I've missed out on...
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if this qualifies as a FAB, but ever since I learned how to properly read player scouting reports and understand how players project to develop, I have been staring at this guy on another person's team and feeling like I made a terrible, terrible mistake when I first started playing.

John Hull

Updated Wednesday, July 19 2017 @ 6:44:28 am PDT
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
You did make a terrible, terrible mistake, @wickersty. :(
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say it wasn't a wise decision to cut him Wick. However, the reality there is he's a DH that might not quite make the best hitting comment depending on when his defense hit's the no-comment cap and when his power hits. My guess is defense is more likely to hit max before his max SI is accomplished.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Done is done on Hull. Hindsight is 20/20 and if you needed a leftfielder with speed he wasn't a good cut but I'm not sure he's a franchise altering player.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hull looks like a very nice LF/1B. Definitely an error in judgement, but you can come back from any error in this game. Just need a little waiver luck, and hope another newbie drops a guy like Hull ;)
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hull was a mistake, no two ways about it.

I've cut a few players who went on to decent careers, mostly because there was no room for them. Then there were a couple of guys who couldn't get it going with the bat and were defensive liabilities, which meant a logjam at DH that I grew tired of. Both went on to good careers, albeit in LLVI - Castellonas and Moody. Dean was a recent bad decision, too impatient. Craig was a guy I spotted while on someone else's roster, snapped him up when he came available but dropped him shortly after so I could make what, my 9th round draft pick? Like I couldn't have made room elsewhere, or left it!

As far as FAB, had a few good acquisitions but I'll leave it at Tan for now.

Previous Page | Show All |