Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So the special treat was our long-time closer getting a start in game 160. Chad is now inducted into Hall of Fame and his number retired. More on that in team announcement :)

To sum up the season - we were day late dollar short. 2nd best RD in the division shows that we have what it takes to fight for the pennant, it's just not our time yet. Clearwater goes to Legends with a negative RD and 39-22 1-game record. I admit at half season mark I didn't think they can make that kind of run, I was really wrong it seems.

As usual, our hitting sucked (2nd worst AVG in the league), but pitching was lights out (2nd best ERA, FIP and WHIP). Maybe if we started with Vela the whole season and not give a chance to youngsters that did not develop we could grind out those 4 wins that we were lacking in the end. We will surely be looking for good offensive outfielder in the offseason. If we happen to get one, this just might be the missing piece that we need.

It's been a great year, I really enjoyed the 4 team pennant race, that we even led from time to time. Now we need to see how our players age (have several players over 30 already), make some cuts, and get ready to fight again.
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@occham yeah, I wasn't expecting you to fall so completely in that last series. Feels like Manchester was a bit of a dark horse competitor. However, definitely kept it interesting to the end!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 So the Athletics are going to be the Legends champs, one way or another, and next season will have not only an Athletics in each Legends division, but two Catfish in the West. This would make for an entertaining few seasons for announcers. ^.~
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a good point. I liked the Lancers nickname as soon as I saw it on joining, plus there weren't many teams with that name (still aren't). Some names are more popular than others and you can't really have 750 different nicknames, but a bit of diversity is good. Having said that when I changed to Venom for 2029 I didn't particularly enjoy it! Maybe I'll find something else in time.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 My team was the Dragons when I first signed up, one of three teams with the name in my league. I immediately changed to Rats (of which there were three in the whole game, including my team). I’d planned on changing it to Gryphons once I had been on the site long enough (and even had text done up for that eventuality that I’d shown to Haselrig), but Rats wound up growing on me to the point that I threw a DFB tattoo on the stock Rats logo and called it a day.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My normally great starting pitching was completely ambushed in the playoffs. They had an ERA around 7, while averaging almost 3 homers per 9 innings, nearly three times their rate during the regular season. Congrats Aberdeen.
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A lot of things went wrong in the playoffs for my team. Team batting average was down about 20 points from the regular season. ERA was about 2.5 runs higher. But I still took a team that I really thought was much better than mine to a seventh game. Fell behind early 8-0 in that one... made it competitive and eventually lost 11-9. Could have been a little better but could've also been much worse.

It's been an entertaining and nlightening season for me and I look forward to fighting to stick in LL5 next season.

My thanks to Steve and everyone else here who make this a really fun little hobby.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed. Thanks Steve!
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is gonna be a fun 2033 season. However, father time is readying his hammer on my hitters.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ortiz couldn't add to hit 3 MVP awards, as he came second (35 votes to the winner's 48; that cold first half cost him). But he did make All-League again, and has the unusual history of now having more All-League awards than All-Stars, 6 to 4. Tan was the All-League 2B despite his stone hands, obviously the bat carried more.

Kenny James won Rookie Pitcher of the Year, but despite finishing third in CY voting Baird didn't make All-League. That 13-12 record, which was more down to our poor batting, cost him because his other numbers were good enough.

Previous Page | Show All |