Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Current Bank Balance   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is also hard to make money in LL II. I lost money (32k-3 mil) each of the four seasons I was there after making money every season I was in the lower leagues. You honestly need a nest egg for the higher leagues I think.

Updated Monday, May 1 2017 @ 4:04:40 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I lose money every year in II but its less than I pay in taxes, which is based on the size of your nest egg. So I figure I'm not really losing money. In Legends I lose a lot more than I pay in taxes. Its an equalizer in the game to ensure people can only stay on top for 10 or 20 season ;)
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine is about 10 million less than bridger's. But I was also fortunate with a 50 million plus when I took over 12 seasons ago. And "sadly" I've only been as high as II. once. But I have spent 9 seasons in III; which seems to be a great moneymaker league lol.

@bridger 101 million is big number, don't visit Vegas to often. :-$
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This will be the first season in while that the Doubledays will turn a profit. Last season, I lost 13.7 million in Legends. Once you cross into the top half of the pyramid, money starts to get tight. Build a nice, fat bank account while you can. You'll need it :)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sitting around 90 million. It ebbs and flows depending whether I'm paying one of Seca's high priced castoffs. But overall I've been able to gain even in III.4. However I have not been able to get out of III.4 so maybe I'm not doing it right. ;)

Updated Tuesday, May 2 2017 @ 8:01:18 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I just about choked on my coffee laughing when I read that. :)

Part of the BrokenBat Player Life Cycle:

sign with Dinos -->
do good -->
demand obscene salary -->
get cut -->
sign with Bloody Tigers
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm so glad that found it's mark!! 😂😂😂

You should have added step 6 as underperform with Kalamazoo 😂

Updated Tuesday, May 2 2017 @ 2:39:47 pm PDT
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
We've actually made $3.5M+ profit the last two seasons in Legends. Then again, we cut a bunch of old guys and brought in a youth movement and now, after nine seasons at the top, we're demoting. So take from that what you will. :)
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm currently up $11m on the season after losing money each year for the past 4 or 5 years. I have just over $74m in the bank.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Once you drop below the bank amount that is the tax line, I assume that helps. I know the only thing that kept me from turning a profit in II is the taxes, otherwise even with the league fees I would have turned between 1 mil and 4 mil in profit. The problem is I took over Raleigh with 70 mil in the bank, and grew it to 95 mil before reaching LL II where it fell some before growing again the last two seasons in III.

Previous Page | Show All |