Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Let Linda go?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually I nicknamed him Linda a long time ago. Back when I thought he would be good... But yeah, Exorcist reference.

The "she" comes from him playing like a girl ;)

Updated Saturday, April 22 2017 @ 6:09:06 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think "stunted" gets overused on these forums. This player met all his skill scouting, met his potential scouting, and has gained 5SI this season (ie., still improving).

If he'd had 5 more hits over this season's 144 ABs he'd be hitting .280. His power is up over last season, projecting 20-25 HRs over 600 ABs. Ya, he's bad against RHP. But .290 career vs. LHP at a high level of competition is pretty good.

Cut often comes down to what you have to replace him. I certainly wouldn't cut him b/c of his BA this season. But if you are down on his 7 speed and have another hot prospect to use in his place ... maybe? I would be hard pressed to click the button.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually he has gain 0 SI this season, so I'm pretty sure he is done improving.

Granted 105 is within his POT range, but very much on the low side. Given most of the guys I promote on the AIs recommendation who have less then two years in AAA seem to come out on the low side of their POT, I suspect the AI is giving a bad recommendation.

EDIT: He actually went 1 for 1 with a double last game which pulled all his numbers up, including putting his AVG up above .240. Amazing how much better the numbers looks after one AB ;)

Updated Saturday, April 22 2017 @ 8:43:41 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Seca that he basically met his potential. There's a possibility he's a couple SI short, but I'd take that on every one of my players no questions asked. As far as keeping him, the guy crushes lefties, while he obviously can't play against righties. If you have room for a platoon outfielder/pinch hitter, I'd keep him.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually he has gain 0 SI this season, so I'm pretty sure he is done improving.

Apologies. You are correct. I would still be pretty happy with that outcome.

I cut Hebert back in the day in large part b/c he couldn't leverage his power. With sub-replacement speed any dip in his BA cratered his production. Lot of DPs with no upside to compensate.

I don't think Blair is in the same category. Hard to tell. I've had numerous young players that, despite reaching their skill targets, seem to play with a governor on them until they've been around for a few seasons.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If you don't trust him in the majors, have a replacement and the NMRI bothers you ... throw him down to AAA until the last training update and see what (if any) skills pop.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is a good thought. He is a bit old, but might still gain something at 27.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I see you have him hitting last,no good hitting bat behind him. Try moving him up in the order and put one of your .280 ave. Hitters behind. I did that with Miles Dickson at the all star break because he wasn't performing the way he should be and he took off. Sometimes a hitter needs a good bat behind them to perform
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually he was hitting 2nd for most of the year. Slipped down the lineup to his current spot just recently.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Guess I should have just cut him last year... :(

Previous Page | Show All |