Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2031 Draft Round 9   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fifth straight week of getting a pot 10. Scouting reports are becoming less reliable each year.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. Really like Chambers. Having part of your catching tandem as an elite defense guy has great value IMO. Very nice late rounder.

Dinos had an interesting option in the board. "Decent speed, solid field, above average pot". If he high rolled his pot and range could be a decent middle infielder.

Didn't high roll either. Oh well. See what can be found next week.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I actually pulled a halfway decent player in round #9 today. Not expecting much from him, but he actually doesn't have a terrible build in my opinion.
IssenT

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Catch and release 10 pot ;-;
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've never skipped the draft before, but I might do exactly that for the final two rounds. I can't imagine getting anyone worth keeping. Unless I can figure out which minor league guy I'd cut in the off season over the next 48 hours, there will be no number nine.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It's become pretty common for me to sign a player on the last day of free agency to get to 50/50 and skipping the remaining rounds of the draft. The last few rounds aren't likely to give me any keepers and they'd be behind if I did get one. I've had plenty of first and second rounders that are behind already.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Even if you're 50/50, you can still click the button to read the scouting reports can't you? Just can't sign any of em unless you go back and cut someone?

I ask cause I've never tried.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This is what you get when you click the draft button and have 50/50:

Not Available

To add player, you must have fewer than 50 players.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah..

Cool, thanks.

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been tempted not to pick in the last few rounds, but I've had a few guys turn out well from late picks.

But deciding to do that made me cut this guy last season, the sort of OBP machine I badly needed (and yes I know that's LLVI, but still). Especially when I already cut one the season before in Moody (sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked, cut, pretty good, All-Star - go figure).

But I landed Applegate (who I haven't yet nicknamed Christina, because he came with a nickname) in the 8th round last season and hope he can turn into a decent 2B.

Previous Page | Show All |