Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Can players gain SI in AAA after AI promote message appears?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's a little shocking to see the system recommend that guy for the majors. He seems a little weak for it. That said, he's only like 30-40 SI away from his maximum. If he were to be a SP throwing every 5 games and averaging 6ish IP a start, he could easily gain the rest of his SI in 2 full seasons.

Accomplishing that will be difficult to say the least. At his current stamina, getting a lot of innings will be tough. He also will hit hooks quickly if they're not set ultra loose.

There's also the matter of hurting your team. You can probably run him for the rest of the season and deal with it, but what about next season? This is one of the really hard decisions as a manager. Do you bite the bullet and let this guy cost you games until he grows?

Either way, I'd say call him up after this Friday's (4/21) update. There's no point in giving him a partial week and if you're lucky, he gets more from this week of AAA.

Based on how he ends up with the end of this season and Spring Training, you'll hafta make a tough choice on how to proceed with his development. At the very least, you're in LL6 so you don't hafta concern yourself with demoting because of an underdeveloped player. At worst, it makes it harder to move up to LL5.

Updated Tuesday, April 18 2017 @ 1:52:21 pm PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks MukilteoMike, PrivateSnowflake, Seca, Razzle, Rock777, buffmckagan, and Crazy Li,

@ MukilteoMike, Thanks for the info about your personal experiences up to 3 weeks. It is nice to know that even shorter term leaving players at AAA can gain some SI points.

@ PrivateSnowflake
, Thanks for the advice about the pitch count and the infinite hook. That will be very helpful for developing this and other pitchers. Yea, I am over 10 games back in my division this year. So it is all ready wait until next season for me! So playing young pitchers will not hurt me any. I am all ready playing a ton of young players anyway.

@ Seca
, thanks for the training vs. experience information. I was wondering if they would continue to develop at a nice rate. Thanks. Yes, playing him in the majors will not hurt me since I am all ready out of the running and 10 plus games back in that standings.

@ Razzle, thanks adding another source of feedback to the SI gains in AAA after promote message. I do not question your decision to leave Randy Degeno in AAA at all. I am sure that I will do the same at some point. In fact I am currently leaving Diego Baca in AAA to gain more experience at AAA until I call him up. I am doing this since he is 25 years old and he never got the promote message before turning 25. I just want to make sure he is ready before I call him up.

@ Rock777, thanks for adding another source of information. It certainly helps to know that the SI gains can last over the long term when left down after the promote message!

@ buffmckagan
, Yes, I do have a very young team! And with all of these young players growing in the majors all at the same time, I asked this forum question a few days ago, “Seeking advice, could rotating playing time of young players cause all of them to grow?” As you saw, I do have a lot of young players! :-)

@ Crazy Li, I agree he seems not ready for the big leagues. I was wondering if he would be stunted if I bring him up, but what you say makes sense. He could gain quite a bit of SI over the next 2 seasons. Being only 22, he does have plenty of time to reach his max SI limit.

The nice thing is that I am in a rebuilding mode with many many young players. So I am not really expecting to win my division next season anyway. I really does make sense to bring him up to the big club now. I have more young starters that will be ready next year. So maybe I should take this time to see what Bruno can do.

I like the idea of bringing him up after the 4/21 training update! That makes a world of sense. That is what I will do. I will promote him at that time! Yea, maybe he will gain more SI from AAA at the 4/21 update! :-)

Thanks again everyone! I am going to call him up after the 4/21 training update.

Updated Tuesday, April 18 2017 @ 4:24:30 pm PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
i have seen in my league a player 33 years old in minors with 111 SI POT 13 he spent his hole life in triple A so yes they can gain si in AAA
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ wuggla,

Wow that is a very good example! If a player can gain all the way to the limit in AAA over many seasons up to his 30s, then an extra season or so will not hurt anything.

Thank you.

Updated Friday, April 21 2017 @ 11:25:48 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Could you point me towards that player Wuggla? Would like to see his SI gains per season.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My rule of thumb from here on is going to be
aim for at least 4 training updates in AAA once I hear they've learned all they can at that level.

(Allowing for emergency 2x/3x injury call ups, their rookie status and anything else ordinary and necessary)
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've left Wilkinson in AAA the whole year while he was recommended to promote and he's gained SI.

Updated Wednesday, April 26 2017 @ 9:37:29 am PDT
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I had two players get the recommendation for the Majors today. They obviously won't be having any minors playing time now but I'm going to leave them in AAA until after the season flip, perhaps longer.

Players are future offensive powerhouse Ashikaga and MI fielding whizz Ortega.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ nemesis,

Russell Ashikaga looks like a very very very very good player.

Not only is he a pot 15 that is scouted at "Great Hitter" and "Prolific Slugger" . . .

. . . He should be a stolen base machine as well !!

Just look at those minor league stolen bases totals.

Updated Saturday, April 29 2017 @ 4:20:59 pm PDT
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would start playing Ashikaga next season as early as possible. I usually start players of that caliber when they are no longer a defensive liability. For 3B in the lower leagues he seems more than capable.

Another reason to start him ASAP is the number of prime seasons you will get out of him. If you start him now, he'll probably hit his prime at 25 and you'll enjoy at least 7 seasons of having one of the best players in your league. That's too good to pass up... (In my opinion anyways)

Previous Page | Show All |