Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Keep it Brockmire   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone catch that show?

If you haven't seen it yet ... think about (probably beyond) NC-17 remix of Major League
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hank Azaria eh? Looks promising. Thanks for the tip. :)
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
(Jason) Werth it just for the home run call ...

"Stick me in some kind of Italian boat ... that one is Gondola"

cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't seen it but what I have heard about it on the radio (from the Dan Patrick Show) and seen from those advertisements on the television, I will not be welcoming the show into my house.

The Vulgarity and Profanity within the show is NOT what the atmosphere of baseball is all about. It is completely opposite of the family values that baseball endures to stimulate within a home.

Not to say that other baseball movies out there have a clean and wholesome portrayal of Baseball but I suppose it comes down to your individual values and what you think your children should or should not be exposed to.

Most importantly... Please understand I am in no means judging anyone who watches and enjoys the show.
Charley
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
They released the first episode on Facebook to view for free - looks really promising! I am sure the owner and him are going to hook up at some point (if that hasn't happened already in the show...)

Updated Monday, April 10 2017 @ 7:36:47 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball

I haven't seen it but what I have heard about it on the radio (from the Dan Patrick Show) and seen from those advertisements on the television, I will not be welcoming the show into my house.

The Vulgarity and Profanity within the show is NOT what the atmosphere of baseball is all about. It is completely opposite of the family values that baseball endures to stimulate within a home.

Not to say that other baseball movies out there have a clean and wholesome portrayal of Baseball but I suppose it comes down to your individual values and what you think your children should or should not be exposed to.

Most importantly... Please understand I am in no means judging anyone who watches and enjoys the show.
Charley

I did say probably beyond NC-17 ...
(very nice post, btw)
The world needs more polite disagreement.

Kinda like when I had a 2nd row seat for Jake Odorizzi's no-hitter in Pawtucket ...
Kids behind me were chanting "we want a hit"
I bit my tongue and didn't yell "No you don't"

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to listen to the Rich Eisen podcast a few years ago, before they turned it into a studio show. There were some Jim Brockmire snippets on there which were hilarious, will have to check this out.

"I would like to apologise to my ex-wife for likening her to a Bourbon Street hooker. Its a little unkind because she's never been to New Orleans..."

Previous Page | Show All |