Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Im New   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BRIATKINS23

Antioch Sharks
VI.17

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello everyone I'm Brian and just started yesterday have no idea what I'm doing . good thing is I do have a good baseball IQ... so any help would be great . looking forward to the challenge of making the Draper Dragons {I think that the name lol)a better team.

Updated Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 9:18:52 pm PDT
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Bratkins!

I've been playing for about two years now, and I definitely know the feeling of not having any clue what to do. The beginning is especially overwhelming, but I promise if you keep at it you will understand it in no time. You will learn how to navigate the site pretty quickly as the admin has everything set up very nicely and simply. The hard part of the game, of course, is team management.

It took me about five seasons (or about 10ish months real time) for me to feel fully confident in my team management, but to this day I'm still learning little tid-bits from reading forum posts and from my own experiences with certain players.

There are so many little intricacies that you will pick up over time that will really improve your player evaluation skills (Is this guy developing well in my minors? Should I release him or give another opportunity in the big leagues? Should I call this guy up to the big leagues now or give him an extra year in AAA? the questions go on and on).

For now though, I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND you read the rules/newbie guide. This will give you a good foundation and definitely get you started in the right direction to understanding the game.

If you have any questions (You will probably have a lot over the course of time. I still ask questions occasionally!) feel free to ask them in the help thread of the forum or search the help forum to see if the same question has been asked.

Once again though, please read the newbie guide/rules first before asking questions, as it will answer many of them. The people on this site are awesome and will be very willing to help you out, but one thing that will quickly get under our skin is if you constantly ask questions that can be found in the newbie guide/rules.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Edit: Don't take that last paragraph the wrong way. If you have a question about the game manual or something that is not directly answered, feel free to ask. What I was saying was to avoid questions that are directly answered in the manual like "Can I relocate my team right now?" We would simply answer: "From the manual:
Teams can relocate to other cities during the off-season."

Updated Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 10:36:25 pm PDT
BRIATKINS23

Antioch Sharks
VI.17

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Slug5373 been reading and fiddling with the team. So far its been pretty cool. once again thanks for responding and your right reading the rules is helping.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome!

I feel baseball IQ is really rewarded in BrokenBat. There are many little details that nicely reflect the actual game.

Good luck!
BRIATKINS23

Antioch Sharks
VI.17

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm hooked.. figured out the basics. Now just build
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome!

Steve
BRIATKINS23

Antioch Sharks
VI.17

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve love the game so far. figure might as well try and go young as I can But stay competitive...let me know guys if you see me do something stupid lol. having fun with it.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A quick look at the minors and i can tell you to release the 34 year old Jamie Walters who makes over 2 million and is in AAA.
BRIATKINS23

Antioch Sharks
VI.17

Broken Bat Baseball
was thinking the same thing scouting pitching now. thanks

Previous Page | Show All |