Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Team Struggles   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a lot of hope in this season, but it's not looking good so far. I can see something isn't right, but I can't figure out what it is.

Can you guys take a look and see what adjustments I can make?

I appreciate all the advice.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel ya. I had high hopes too. What I've come up with for my squad - we don't play well from behind. And we don't play well with a lead either. Or on the road. Or in our throwback uniforms. Or on odd days, with a full moon.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 to Tiger504. :)

I had missed the press release about Lane and Saenez. Wow. Time flies.

You have a young team (5 guys in the vs. RHP lineup still getting XP, almost half your pitching staff). Should see improvement as the season rolls along (that said, West Applewood also looks pretty young).

I'm not a big fan of Garcia. He's giving you good defense, but I don't see him as a middle of the order bat. I would be actively looking to upgrade that position.

You might try rejigging the batting order. The guy batting 9th has been hitting well, hitting with power, hitting with runners on. I get the 2nd-lead-off-bats-9th argument, but I'm not sure you have that luxury.

Overall, the lineup seems to lack punch. Mid-table batting average, but last in runs scored. I know there is only so much control over the players you can get, but I feel you could use a few more hit tool + power or hit tool + speed guys. Extra base hits are so important for scoring runs.

Rest looks good. Have a good defensive alignment and a promising pitching staff.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wanted to actually some lineup moves, but I never got to it. I'll look at replacing Garcia with a better offensive player. Power has been a big issue for me ever since I released Khalil Holloway. I couldn't find anybody like him to put up a lot of HR's during a season.

Thanks for the advice, Seca. :)

Updated Monday, March 20 2017 @ 12:29:22 pm PDT
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can relate. Our team has had like 5 wins this season
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you know this, but I'm not suggesting an all bat guy to replace Garcia. You need the defense. Garcia would be fine if you could bat him down in the order.

I suspect others wouldn't think much of his arm, but I'd be quite comfortable with Matsuda at SS if its easier to find a competent 2B that can swing the lumber.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ditto on Matsuda.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I tried out Matsuda at SS in 2029 and he did decent, but I moved him back to 2B last season after 19 games. I might try him out at SS again if I can't find a 2B that can swing and field.

I also released Garcia and found Ramiro Silva today. He has a solid track record at SS, getting two gold gloves and having a career FP of .981 levels 2 and 3 leagues. He can also hit as well. He has a career .264 BA, which is good to see from a SS.

Updated Monday, March 20 2017 @ 2:27:02 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |