Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Opinion if my team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel like I need to cut some of my outfielders but I don't know who.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I see you're back to playing a bad fielder at SS. Estrada can hit (at your level) but can't field at all: you ideally want 15+ in Fielding, Range AND Arm at SS. You would have done well to train Greenwell there after drafting him but too late now, guess you could try him at 3B. Dabrowski will make a better 2B than C. Victor Castro and Braydon Turner could both play OF. D'Alessandro lacks the fielding for 2B (15+ Fielding and Range, ideally). Berezin is terrible, cut material. Reynolds and Stanfield are both 1B for me, low Range. Kobayashi is on a hot streak which won't last (I drafted him) and Anguiano will only offer so much. And despite all that you've won 50 games already. :)

In your minors Wills and Browning are both cuts for me, can't hit, and I doubt Camacho will either. You really need to find more hitting prospects with good or better pure hitting reports.

Updated Monday, September 4 2017 @ 3:43:57 pm PDT
hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I cut the guys you said to cut and I'm going to start looking for a better SS.

I think the biggest reason why I have 50 wins already is because of Greenwell. He already has 29HR and 84RBI in league play.

Updated Monday, September 4 2017 @ 5:49:03 pm PDT
hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone look at my team and let me know which of the pitchers I should keep, call-up, or cut. Thanks in advance.

Updated Friday, August 21 2020 @ 4:01:03 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Flynn is a good pitcher, but he is old and only getting older. I'd recommend parting way.

Arroyo is fairly average, and aging. Probably worth cutting him as well.

Vasquez is good.

I'm also skeptical of Rios. Gives up a lot of HRs, and seems to have been declining due to age for a few seasons now.

Saint-Domingue gives up a lot of HRs. Not a great ERA/FIP. WHIP is ok, but I'd still have him high on my cut list.

West is average. Probably a keeper, unless there is a better guy to make space for.

Pyle gives up more HRs than I would expect... Maybe you need to raise your walls a bit... He had a rough season this year, but his history looks pretty solid. I'd hang onto him.

Prescott looks like he could be really good as a LHS. Consider moving him to that position. Currently he is a lefty playing SET, which is very different than LHS.

Springer did very good this season. His history isn't great, but I'd continue riding him for another season at least to see what he can do.

De La Rosa looks great.

Muse has struggled a bit, but he is young. Good minors stats. Looks like a keeper to me.

Crawford is tricky. Looks like he has some talent, but could be a HR magnet. Another guy to consider for a LHS role.

Not real keen on Ayala. I'd probably ignore the recommendation and put him back in AAA after the season flip.

Redmond is ready to promote... Although I'm not a big fan. His WHIP looks nice (in the minors), but he doesn't really have any tools, and he gives up a lot of HRs.

Cuevas has pretty good minors stats, but I worry about how well they will translate with limited tools. I also think he should have more time in AAA either way.

Feliciano doesn't have the best stats, and I think he needs more time in AAA, but you could promote him for this short week. It wouldn't hurt him.

Casillas is young enough that you could promote him for this short week if you wanted to. I would just get him back down to AAA after the flip (and be prepared for the salary jump to 0.50M.

Same with Nakagawa, although I'm not a huge fan.
Detroit24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Roxk777, do you think you could do the same for my team? Thanks in advance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Horne has been good, but his WHIP is showing his age. I'd move on.

The season flip will be telling, but Le looks like he has a lot of life in him still. Looks like a keeper.

Smiley has been pretty average. Probably wouldn't be able to perform so well in a less pitcher friendly park. He is getting old, and I would expect further falloff next season. Looks like a cut to me.

Frías doesn't really have any tools. BB/K ration is really bad. WHIP isn't super hot, getting older. You can probably do better.

Tapia isn't my favorite pitcher, but he did ok last season. As long as you are staying in LL-6, he will probably be ok. Borderline line.

Graham doesn't have the best FIP or BB/K ration. But he looks decent. His WHIP is decent. Not much upside, but worth keeping around until you have someone better that needs the spot.

Barnes is a HR machine. I'm not a fan.

Villalobos looks pretty good.

Zelaya looks good.

Duffy has some promise. I'd be leary of the Low Control/High Movement combo, but use him until he disproves himself. He has done a great job minimizing hits so far, and hits are much worse than walks.

Giron looks great.

I think Lantham could use more time in AAA. I'd consider demoting him after the season flip at least for spring training.

Estalella definitely needs more time in AAA, but it wouldn't hurt him to bring him up for the short week.

Detroit24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777, I know it's a lot but could you do the same for my hitters. You seem to be very knowledgeable of the game and seem to know what your talking about. It would be very appreciated.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Takahashi is not Catcher. His Arm is far too week (as seen by his horrendous CS%). He is also not a good hitter. You can find better on FA. Definite cut.

Russo doesn't have a lot of Hitting. 16 arm is passable, but pretty borderline. Not a great prospect, but certainly better than Takahashi. Should probably be the starter, but look for an upgrade.

Mendoza is not a good hitter. You really want your 1B, LF, RF, and DH to be very good hitters with decent power. Defense is secondary. All of those high defensive ratings are wasted at 1B. I'd look for an upgrade.

Santamaría isn't a good hitter. Lots of power, but he can't make contact. Needs to have more Hitting to make good use of that Power.

Pinto definitely needs more time in AAA. Fine to leave him up for the short week, but get him back down after the season flip. He also hasn't shown great minor league numbers, so might not be a very good prospect.

Kojima has done a good job at 2B, but he is aging. He isn't a good hitter, just a solid defender. I'd be looking for the next guy up.

De La Garza hasn't really shown much for hitting in the minors. He also doesn't have enough Fielding to play 2B. Hoping he isn't the next guy up.

Meza has been doing pretty good, but aging. Might start to decline rapidly next season.

Côté doesn't really have the best profile for 3B. He looks ok in a pinch, but I wouldn't want to rely on him as a regular.

Walsh looks great. He should be your starting 3B for years to come. It looks like he has lost some position knowledge over the last couples seasons (due to lack of playing time). Make him your regular starter (at least against righties), and he will quickly get better at playing the position.

Cash has been declining for a few seasons. I'd look elsewhere at this point. I think he is toast.

Nelson's build doesn't fit his positions. He doesn't look very good overall.

Sanders looks great. Hopefully he'll hold on for a few more seasons.

Masini looks great.

Rodriguez looks passable, but I would want a better hitter at those positions.

Ely doesn't look very promising.

Marco doesn't have a great build. I might actually consider training him up to be a backup 2B (but I would do that in the minors).

I would have converted Rosales into a SS from an early age. At this point he is really locked into Catcher. He is not the best catcher. His Arm (16) is pretty borderline, and his defensive skills are mostly wasted. His CS% in the minors hasn't been great either. He looks to project to a backup catcher to me.

Talbot's build would work better in the OF. But he looks pretty borderline. You really need more Hitting on your team in general.

McCarthy is not a 2B, but he could make a solid OF. I would start training him there ASAP, and give him some extra time in the minors.

I'd ignore the promotion req on Kim. He needs more time in AAA. Hard to tell what he will become. Might be ok. 3B isn't the best choice, but may be ok, he can't really learn anything else at this point.

Nishimoto probably isn't worth a lot of investment.

Mondragón is an interesting character. I think 2B would be a better position than SS for him. His offensive skills look pretty good for either SS or 2B, but his build would be better at 2B. Bringing him up just for the short week to get some playing time at 2B might be a good idea (as long as you are ok with him making lots of errors right now). Then I would give him extra time in AAA to learn the position better. But he could be a good 2B in the future.

Talbert looks decent. He has good Hitting at least. Normally I would want more power with a lower GB/FB at a corner OF spot. But given he has low power the high GB/FB isn't bad. He could be a productive LF/DH in the future. Hopefully he can make up for lower power with his solid OBP.

Ivy is very borderline. I think you can find better on FA after the flip.

Dipping down in AA, Cross looks promising as a Catcher. Next season the AI will (auto) recommend him for the majors because he will be 25. He isn't ready. I would leave him in AA until sometime in between spring training and the All-star break. Then I would promote him to AAA and leave him there until at least the next All-star break.

hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input on my pitchers rock.

Previous Page | Show All |