Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2031 Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
At times I just don't get training.

I checked the first training update and guess what? The guys who gained the most SI were those who played sporadically or even didn't play at all. 6 of the players with most at-bats (some of which played every game without being subbed) failed to get even a single point.

It's not the first time I noticed that so I'm starting to wonder now whether playing a lot during spring actually prevents players from getting their minor league training...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Tiger, it was an outstanding series for spring training. I have never done this well in terms of wins and losses in spring training though (not that it matters). Yeah, I saw game two, but I'd prefer to win the series versus scoring a ton of runs (though not even close to Brewnoe's number) in one game.

@Brewnoe, that reminds me of my old video game baseball scores. Very crazy.

@Yuri, it is more likely the guys who didn't sub out and played every game have used up all the experience they can get from spring training. Several of my older players I was trying to get a few more points on didn't gain nearly what I would have liked.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So this happened though. I am very excited to see how Rosa follows up his 2030 Rookie Pitcher of the Year campaign.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@newtman: you probably have a point here. Never occured to me that something liek that could happen. Guess I'll try to play different guys for the rest of spring training.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a pretty solid Spring so far in terms of player development. Training update today had 36 total bumps, 22 in my pitching staff (5 of which were "wasted" on fielding).

The most interesting part of it, though, is that I had gains to some of my veteran position players, two of which are 30! One of which does not have a single at bat or inning played but gained a fielding point, another that played in only one game (1-2, 2B, 2BB) and gained a hitting point. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Apparently, the new stadium will have to be called 'Thunderdome'.. 5 injuries already.

Solana_Steve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring Training perfect game!

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's impressive any time of year. Plus, it was a legit spring appearance being an 88 SI guy. Sweet showing.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Soooooo close ...
90 pitches
(Doctor Donna meta-crisis after missing the rookie pitcher last season)

My spring has been good except for Lefty Pedro missing most of it ... I may need to adjust my plans.

Updated Friday, March 3 2017 @ 9:03:48 pm PST
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We had a no-hitter occur a few games back. http://brokenbat.org/game/2372351

Previous Page | Show All |