Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> No place like Dome! Or is that Wrong??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did some checking and in Legends, II.1, and II.2 there is only 1 team with a Dome ballpark. And that team just promoted up from league level III.

I have a dome and I have been wondering if it causes more home runs and makes pitcher ERAs hgher. The best teams seem to have open air ballparks.

Last Season I made my ballpark more pitcher friendly and that helped. But I wonder if my dome is still more of a "homer dome" than a comparable open air ballpark would be.

I do not know if the game factors in such things, but I wonder if my pitchers would have better ERA in an open air ballpark?

Updated Thursday, February 23 2017 @ 2:50:13 am PST
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm trying a dome this season after playing 11 seasons (damn, already 11?!!) with open field. Will gladly keep you updated on my pitchers performance.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks that will be great!
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This is my twelfth season with a dome. And my pitching has for the most part been good while my offense not so much.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I used a dome before. The thing that affected me most was it kept weather effects from affecting pitchers. Since my pitching wasn't better than average, I suffered.

Translation: it does even out the pitching. Unless you have a great pitching advantage over your opponents, I would stay with an open air park so you can get the occasional weather effect to affect your opponent, too.
Dubniam

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if it effects homeruns but I do know you end up getting more outfield errors.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea, I've noticed the outfield error increase myself as well. I think in a dome you need better fielding outfielders.

I may move out of my done for season 2032 if I feel it is effecting my pitchers too much - and causing too many outfield errors from my outfielders.

Updated Friday, February 24 2017 @ 12:35:37 am PST
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this is really interesting. i didn't know there was any correlation between ballpark and player performance. ive used an open park since i started playing (honestly hasn't been that long) and my pitching is incredible. i feel we perform spectacularly every season. my hitting is pretty good but maybe i should try a dome next season and see if that changes anything.

Previous Page | Show All |