Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Round #1 2031   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel bad for Bangor. One of the worst POT 15 builds I've seen. I'd feel obligated to keep the guy because he is a 15, but always know that I really should be cutting him.

EDIT: I'd probably make him a SS despite being LH because otherwise he minds well be a POT 13 OF with all that SI wasted in fielding.

Updated Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 6:27:26 am PST
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he'll have a good eye as PD and BC fill out. Could have a decent on base pct for lead off spot. That is a great CF build.

Updated Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 9:09:44 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he could be a rock star as a CF. I wouldn't say he's wasting fielding in CF. He'd be closer to a 14 as a CF with bonus fielding. He'd probably win gold gloves too. Might have an 11 or 12 hit tool. With power and good OBP. If he can steal with that speed he'll be explosive. I like explosive guys that can field their position in the middle.
I've had explosive guys like Pablo Sanchez, Angelo Juarez, Kyle Rice. They're a bit unpredictable but I like them. I'm also happy if nobody else wants them. Each one of the guys I listed I picked up because someone else cut them.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have still never pulled anything above a 14 POT since I started playing this game a few seasons ago. I would be happy with a poorly built 15 POT just to say I pulled one.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't pulled one yet either, but I'm happy getting a nicely built POT 14 ;)
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Most garbage 15 POT ever. No hitting scout, above average slugging, plus quick plus lefty throwing amazing fielder equals a guy that will never hit.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've drafted two 15 POTs (the first of whom came up at the very end of last season), and landed another three off waivers.

But if you're landing 15 POTs off waivers its usually because they suck:-
Lopez disappointed at every turn and lost 1pt off Range and Arm after I got him.
Kokawa looked to me like a bargain, 87 SI at age 25 and good report. Should probably have had more PT in his rookie season (all of it? And more after) but not like he's set the world on fire at any point.
I won Olivarez last spring but he skipped AA and didn't get much PT in AAA, and will have to play in the bigs this season to have a chance.

One man's poison is another's...poison? The two guys I've drafted OTOH look like sure studs.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've released two 15 potential players up to now. I haven't regretted either.
http://brokenbat.org/player/88177

http://brokenbat.org/player/97532
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've drafted 5 15s.

Alex Crespo - love him
Mel Harada - cut him, no regrets, he just didn't fit my club
Charlie Jansen - the only pitcher on this list. AAA. Very excited about him.
Rob Santini - AAA. Future 3B.
Ben Thacker - jury is still out on him.

I'm just as excited about some of my 14s, 13s and even a couple of 12s. It takes a village in this game.

Edit: I just drafted a 15 today. I like the look of him. Would like to have seen a little more range.

Updated Friday, March 3 2017 @ 8:41:24 am PST
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have drafted 141 times since i joined this game, and took 8 guys with 15 pot (plus one 16 pot), all bats and no pitchers, and of those 9 guys only one didn't have a positive hitting report (Bailey)

However, 15 pot doesn't mean authomatically star player (if we're talking abount bats), sometimes well built 14 pot guys (even 13 for some position like C or 1B) are better than 15, especially for Left throwing guys with a lot of fielding points.

Previous Page | Show All |