Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> A different manager question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I don't pretend to know all of the quirks in BB. I've been playing for a while now and I am enjoying it immensely. Far more than any other sports sim I've played. With that being said and this big manager controversy going on right now (which I admit I got caught up in), what exactly do the tactical ratings do? Unless I'm mistaken don't we set a majority of the tactical choices we want to happen in certain situations as far as when to pinch hit, defensive changes, pitching changes, etc? I just went for a manager with a great DEV rating and figured the rest was mostly up to me. Am I mistaken?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Only Steve knows the exact effect, but the non-dev abilities effect your players performance in game. So with a good hitting manager, your players will hit a little better. Think of it as he is better at preparing them for the game. So its really game prep vs development. Game prep is more of a per game thing (watching game tape, etc.) while development is their permanent abilities. For developed guys, game prep will be much more impactful.

Previous Page | Show All |