Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2031 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm only saying this because I had him on my team, but I'd dump Guevara. He's 23 in A and only gained 3 SI this season. Only 10 since I drafted him in 2029.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can't imagine a better ending to this season than winning playoffs third time in a row, with (most likely) Cy Young winner bringing home game 7, and Anderson saving all 4 playoff wins.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And today ends easily the most crazy Broken Bat season I have been a part of. We advanced to the final four of cup play, actually had an interesting pennant race while my guys struggled a bit down the stretch, but we ended up pulling it out with a strong finish.

But the league championship series... holy smokes. I have never seen such an evenly matched series. Allentown and its owner, Ace, matched up beautifully with Bismark. If there was such a thing as co-champions, this would certainly qualify. Each of the first 6 games were decided by a single run, two of them went to extra innings (I won both extra inning affairs), and each of us won a game in which the other team was shutout and only had two hits.

I mean, its hard to be any more even than this:

Bismark:

Batting Average: .222
OBP: .271
HR: 4
Runs: 21
Hits: 58
ERA: 2.12
FIP: 3.36 (Yeah, I got fairly lucky)
Pitching Ks: 47

Allentown:

Batting Average: .226
OBP: .289
HR: 4
Runs: 18
Hits: 59
ERA: 2.62
FIP: 3.11
Pitching Ks: 51

In the end, we took game 7 3-0. It was the only game in the series not to be decided by one run, and Joaquin Sanchez, my first draft pick ever about 8 seasons ago and a year and a half real-time, pitched the absolute game of his life. I really, really wish we could have a better system of determining when the closer should come into the game. It would be difficult, but it would be meant for games like this. Sanchez was literally untouchable through 7 innings and only had 85 pitches. He had allowed a whopping one hit and one walk... that was it. He had had a no-no going for 6 2/3 innings. He was absolutely feeling it. Well, he was taken out in the 8th inning per usual for my closer Ben Brett who, to his credit, shut the door allowing just one hit in his two innings, but it would have been really cool to see Sanchez finish with a CG shutout in game 7.

I want to give a shout-out to Allentown and Ace for a well-fought series, one that could have easily gone the other way. Maybe a rivalry brewing for next season? :)
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations Mig, that was a hell of a season. Good luck in Div III!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
For anyone curious about how the highest paid position player in BB did this past season: slashed .268/.353/.456. 19 HRs. 51 SB vs. 11 CS.

Kind of disappointing. He's making 30% more than the next most expensive position player. 20+ HRs or a .280 BA would be nice. His stolen base success rate was way up, tho it didn't seem to affect his runs scored. Errors nearly quadrupled from the season previous, making for a very average season in the field.

Tho his stats aren't that impressive, he did win quite a few games on his own. Some on the forum have said salary is based on the 3 preceding seasons - that would drop his 2028 MVP from consideration this time if true.

Updated Friday, May 5 2017 @ 6:20:17 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just noticed my manager's ratings haven't changed. Are they not moving now? I just find it strange that none of them budged even one number all season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Most of his skills are only above average, so its not surprising not to see much change. Probably a good sign for his Pitcher Dev and a bad sign for his Defense rating.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca, good news is he will probably take a decent pay cut next year. Hard to complain too much about anyone with more than .800 OPS in Legends.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just noticed my manager's ratings haven't changed. Are they not moving now? I just find it strange that none of them budged even one number all season.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Season summary time.

Warsaw - +127 RD, 15-22 in 1 run games.
Kalamazoo - -13 RD, 23-16 in 1 run games.
Looks like a good start to a venting thread post, but it's not. We actually held to 1 game lead after 160 games, even despite going on a losing streak in final 2 weeks. We handed Tigers the promotions, but they were not able to grab it.

To start off, this has been no doubt my most exciting year in BB. 16 game winning streak, late season slump and a race until last game with the Tigers was very enjoyable. And all of this in franchise's first ever year in LL III.

I guess we just have ADHD, since 2026 we have not stayed in the same league for two consecutive seasons.

Third year in a row we win the league with best pitching, led by Stu (almost Cy Young), and Sly (losing record with 3.21 ERA, that's rough). O'Conell gets fifth straight year with double digit wins as a setup man (!), and Chad was doing what he always does, saving 40 games with only 5 BS.
This lead to us having the best FIP (3.88, almost 0.2 better than 2nd best) and ERA (3.36, 0.4 better than 2nd best) in the whole league. We also gave up least homers and had most quality starts.

On the hitting side, it's not that bright. We ended up in the middle of the pack for most stats. Not a surprise, as we have a shortstop that can't hit, but who cares if he consistently fields 98%. Our best offensive player, was Menendez, as he always have been for past 8 years.

We already made some cuts and are active on the waivers. After 7 great seasons we had to say goodbye to Vela, who was platooning the outfield. We also let go of Felix, who had a great first half of the year, earning him All-Star appearance, but completely blew the second part, and then demanded a salary raise. Sorry bro, not happening.

I have no idea how we can perform in LL II. 2031 showed that the team plays way better than I would expect them to play. I will be happy if we just don't demote. But maybe we can cause an upset and climb up... to Legends? o_O

Updated Sunday, May 7 2017 @ 10:29:03 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |