Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> An abundance of LH hitters   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Of the 7 players in A or Rookie ball, only one bats RH. One of the LHHs plays catcher so that's cool but the rest are OF or 1B types. 2 are switch hitters.

My current LHHs should be good for the next 4 seasons or so, so it's a good level to have these guys at right now.

But there's too many of them taking up roster spots. I'd say developing 3 of the 5 seems about right. But I don't have enough data to make any cuts confidently at this point.

So if anyone wants to take a whack at this conundrum , have at it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Lefties are valuable. I would shoot to have at least 5 on the team at all times (OF & 1B & DH). I'm counting 5 guys in your minors right now... (including S/L and Guerrero)

Benítez looks awesome. A definite keeper, probably RF.

Riley also looks like a keeper.

Guys who are L/R are even more valuable because you can put them in the infield. Its too bad Guerrero is such a bad fielder. I would almost be tempted to put him at 3B or SS anyhow. As is, all that SI in defensive abilities isn't really helping him. Still looks like a decent CF option. Or he could be a defensive replacement for Thacker late in games.

Randell is wasting a lot of SI in fielding and his GB/FB isn't very good. Plus no hitting report. Not so hot on this guy, although he does steal a lot.

Barrientos isn't wasting SI in fielding, but also looks mediocre to me.

Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, Benitez is the jewel I think. RF or DH.

Randall I have training at C. Riley at 1B. Guerrero I would probably train at SS if he had no fielding comment but a negative comment seems prohibitive.

Thacker I'm trying to train as a 3B.

I also have Enrique Campos taking over CF this season. He should still be there when these guys come of age.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like you have plenty of room in the OF then. I don't think you have too many lefties.

With 20 arm I can see why you would put Randall at Catcher despite the left handed penalty. At that SI in fielding is going to be a waste at catcher though. Guerrero would probably make a better catcher than Randall, if only because he throws righty.

Thacker could be ok at 3B, but he doesn't have a fielding report. Catcher is probably best for him, but since he is already trained up as a catcher it doesn't hurt to dual him at 3B anyhow.

Previous Page | Show All |