Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> How picky are you with press releases?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For those who actually use them, I'm curious how far you go with press releases.

Very casual? Full-on realistic news report? What's your style?

This question occurred to me after posting my latest press release about the team's win streak that had just ended... I wanted to be so accurate, that I went out and found the day of the week the game occurred on based on the in-game date xP anyone else do stuff like that?
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just realizing I haven't done one in over a year, I try to throw in facts with bad humor and innuendos
Guess The Gulls have been pretty boring the last few seasons
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I don’t quite go to that extent, but I do at least try to make things sound realistic. I also tend to give some of my players a bit of personality when I “quote” them in press releases.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't done any for a while... My last release has bare butts in it.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I try to be at least semi-realistic with my press releases, including formatting. Here you go.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I try to be semi realistic. I usually like to show gratitude. If my team is reaching my projected goals, then I express thankfulness.

If things are going badly, then I am less likely to use a press release. I may say something like “This is a rebuilding year, etc, etc.”
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I work in TV news, so I just write it similarly to how I would a standard web story. I sometimes throw some humor in as well

Previous Page | Show All |