Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Should Smallest RD have default value -4?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In relief pitching situation, if the game is not considered as close game (-4 to 5 RD), then rhs/lhs/set will not be checked. It is a reasonable setting for largest RD, because if something goes wrong, the RD will decrease, and then the game becomes a close game. But for smallest RD, it will cause some weird situation. In this game, I still have some not fatigued pitchers, and I still have several innings to try to get 5 runs back. If this is a real game, I will definitely change pitcher, even I need to let my closer pitch. But in the game, I just sit there, watching the 6 stamina relief pitcher pitched more than 100 balls and caused 13 runs.

I know I can set SETs' smallest RD to -inf to address this issue (which I just did T_T). I just think maybe the smallest RD should have a different default value. Or, maybe take remaining inning number into consideration. I believe the game can be more realistic by improving this mechanism.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree with the closer bit... I don't think many teams would waste their closer when that far behind and then risk the next game being one where he's needed and he's not rested for it.

It's rare to see someone who isn't a MR or LR pitch when down 5 runs in real life.
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, yes, the closer part is too much. I take back that part. I also agree with you that in real life the team may give up when down to 5 runs.

I think what really makes me upset is I have several pitchers have good stamina, but I can only set four of them as LR/LR2/MR/MR2. So I still have some good stamina pitchers as SET/RHS/LHS, but they do not have chance to pitch even I need them. But seems this issue can be addressed by setting the smallest RD of good stamina pitchers as -inf...Hmm, I think I am convinced now.

Previous Page | Show All |