Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Why is he not getting played at AA?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Oscar Gonzalez was promoted to AA on Friday, and so far has not seen any action at all. Is there an age limit for each limit before they are allowed to play or something? What's the deal?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He is probably just not good enough. Players are randomly placed on teams of other guys at the same level (AA). Then the AI manager decides which guys to play. He has probably been getting passed over for a better 1B on the team. I don't think playing time is as critical for minor leaguers in gaining training as it is for major leaguers to gain experience.

EDIT: BTW, he looks fine as a 1B prospect. The AI minor league managers are just more concerned about winning today so they can keep their jobs (just like in real life). He'll get more playing time as he develops.

Updated Sunday, January 15 2017 @ 7:05:16 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He already has two games played now. You were asking two days after the promotion, give him time. Only the very best prospects play every day, and while he does look good, he will get a few days off here and there because he is not a top 20 Broken Bat prospect.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a strange minor league player as well that never gets much playing time. This might support the low skill level getting less playing time. He is 21 and in AAA as recommended but only has 67 SI. For his career he has 106AB at AA and 73AB at AAA. He has a nice .848 OPS in his 179AB and seems to be gaining skills modestly but doesn't get many at bats.

http://brokenbat.org/player/140749

I should add that to me this guy is a pretty marginal prospect that is potential cut material eventually.

Updated Wednesday, January 18 2017 @ 9:08:43 am PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't worry about minors playing time. It's just flavor. There's no minor league experience linked to playing time. They just get the guaranteed training that everyone gets regardless of playing time.

Previous Page | Show All |