Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> LR2 Starting!?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, it was weird. I've never had that happen. I'd guess I forgot to hit submit changes or something, but he was still unassigned when I logged on the next day.
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yes Steve, but Spot Starter i suppose was fresh. Isn't it?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At present, if the starter is fatigued, then it selects the SS or LR with the least amount of fatigue (maybe this is confusing). Although Stinson was listed as None on fatigue, he could still have a small amount of fatigue. Don Colonna hadn't pitched in 59 days, so his fatigue was zero and therefore he got the node.

I don't know, maybe in this case the Spot Starter should get the start.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, IMO the system needs to tier fatigue rather than go with exact numbering.

For example, assuming it was on a scale of 0 to 100 with 100 being fully fatigued and 0 being fully rested...

A SS with 1 fatigue should get priority over a LR with 0 fatigue because the difference is insignificant. I think you should have a level every 10 fatigue (there are 10 bars on the display, hence that logic) and thus the SS would have to have a fatigue of 10 or greater (or whatever 10% would equate to) to lose out to a LR that has a full bar.

Does that make sense? Basically if their displayed bars are the same, they should be considered at the same fatigue "level" for the purpose of this evaluation.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think the SS should probably get the start if he isn't too fatigued. That is really his primary role. LR should only come in if the SS is also fatigued past his set limit.
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree, if possible to tweak as to get the SS to start in such a case
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Probably need to come up with a better solution than we have. Originally, there was one team who was using the same pitcher in SS to start 3-4 times in the rotation (left several slot empty).

Also, how to handle the case whereby there are two injuries in the rotation in a row?? Obviously in that case the LR should start the 2nd game.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the SS should basically be treated exactly the same as any other starter. If there are two games in a row, he will probably be fatigued, so then the LR would pitch. If he isn't fatigued, he probably got pulled in the 1st inning, so why not let him pitch a second game.

I would also think any pitcher who starts a game regardless of their assignment should still have the minimum 75 pitch count. Otherwise its an easy exploit for handedness.

Updated Friday, January 6 2017 @ 9:31:37 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I would also think any pitcher who starts a game regardless of their assignment should still have the minimum 75 pitch count. Otherwise its an easy exploit for handedness.

This is already true...if a bullpen pitcher get pressed into starting duties, their pitch count and hook is adjust to the starter minimums.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Rock... just handle replacement starters like you would the actual guy in the slot... pitch him if he qualifies, go next down the list if he doesn't.

Previous Page | Show All |