Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2030 Draft #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
The pot has nothing to do with it. It's the fact other owners have made that mistake but didn't get there player back. Doesn't matter if it's a 12 or 15pot. Now if someone else does it,they come and say "hey I didn't mean to do that" they get their player back as well? Fix the issue yes. But like I said it's a fairness issue not a pot issue. Steve has of course made his decision so it's moot now.....
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So no, you didn't lose a player. So you were really just crying about losing your 1% chance at stealing that player.

Yes, the issue should be fixed. And it would be totally fair if others who run into the same glitch until then ask to get their players back. But that request should be coming within 10 minutes of accidentally dropping the guy, not a week later when you decided it was a bad idea.

Sure the POT matters. A POT 12 player probably wouldn't have a lot of impact on your team.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
As usual all you do is focus on one aspect rock. If I was careless enough to let a player go that I wanted to keep then shame on me and lesson learned whatever the player potential. I'm not worried about my "1%" chance of getting the players. I'm interested in stating what's fair,not what's in my best interest as you are. But of course you can't believe anyone would be interested in what's fair because you always seem to be complaining about how unfair the game seems to be to you. But I'm done with this conversation as the situation is done. But it's always good to have discourse about topics
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok... So Favuz getting his player back is in my best interest... You must have a much longer view than me, LOL. Favuz has a lot of good player on his team. It would seem like it would be in my best interest if he lost the player. Obviously I am interested in what is fair here, not what is in my interest. Yet somehow its not in your best interest to get a shot at that player... And you think its "fair" for people to lose their players due to UI glitches... Nothing you said here makes any sense... I'm also one of the few people who have gotten bad draft picks who hasn't complained about the draft system... You should really re-read what you wrote, because it makes you look like a moron.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure if I ought to train this week's pick as an OF or just cut my losses. I'd prefer his range to be slightly higher, but switch-hitting 13 potential? Maybe possibly. An SS he will definitely not make, however.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Defensively looks like a nice LF build. I prefer my guys to have positive hitting reports though.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So do I, but he'll do in a pinch. If he sticks around he can at least fill a hole, I think. Between this guy and my future 2B I could have probably done worse.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like my outfielders to have more range than that, though I do make exceptions for guys who prove worthy. I kind of doubt that no hitting report plus 14 range is really worthy though. Just my two cents without looking at the rest of the roster.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The rest of the roster's kind of a tire fire. But I take it he'd be a cut on your team? I admittedly haven't looked.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He'd be a cut on my team, too.

When I first started playing I decided that "good" hitting (13+) should be the absolute minimum for hitters. I got away from that with a couple of defence-first draft picks and power hitting waiver claims, but I'm absolutely going back to it now, allowing for exceptions such as outstanding glove-first guys at SS and 2B.

In most cases the best SI hit score for a player with no hit report is a 13, but very few of guys in the average hit range (8-13) reach the top end of that scale, and when they don't you end up with tantalising but ultimately incredibly frustrating guys like Valenzuela, who I finally gave up on last night. Most of his gains after I claimed him were in PD, POW and FD, when he needed HIT and BC more than anything.

Previous Page | Show All |