Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> two-pitch pitcher prospect without knuckleball   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just found Tucker Landis have fastball and changeup only, neither slider nor curveball. Will he get another movement-related repertoire? or it's field of probability? If he won't, I guess his movement will be low even if he is ready to major, but will be there are smaller effects on HR or GB/FB, etc compare to other pitchers? I believe movement is related to those stats. I wish I could search some similar cases, but hard to found them.

Updated Wednesday, December 28 2016 @ 2:09:50 am PST
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Self-Answered
I found one thread with an example, but I want more cases...
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, you're going to have to do the research, which is a little tedious. Since we can't search on pitch repertoire, I tried a couple of general search criterion. At first I tried youth, searching free agents only for 18 to 26 but that was silly. Essentially, you have to go down the results, open a ton of links, and manually verify number of pitches. After a couple of minutes I found a couple of youngsters, but they didn't have any minor league history.

Kevin Atkins

Russ Norwood

What you WANT to do is is P, 27–3X, Sort by Potential, free agents only. Then take fifteen to twenty minutes manually checking each pitcher in the list. It only took me a couple of minute to pull two more examples:

"Kiki" Castellonas

Hideo Fukuda

With some patience, you could probably find a few more examples of two-pitch pitchers. But I imagine they're rare and not used often by managers.

Updated Wednesday, December 28 2016 @ 8:03:00 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At this point in the game I don't believe pitch repertoire impacts the game results. I think it is only useful as a secondary mechanism for scouting the likely abilities of a pitcher. Personally, I don't even use it for that.

Previous Page | Show All |