Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Bankruptcy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
The new limit,is that seasons in a row over $10 mil?
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed that the game manual now says this:

"- Bankruptcy

Both user owned and computer controlled teams are subject to bankruptcy restrictions. If a team is below the bankruptcy limit (-$10M) for 3 successive weeks (3 economic updates), then the team will enter bankruptcy. If this is a user owned team, the user will be removed as owner and the team will be managed by the computer thereafter. For the next 5 weeks (updates), the team will sell off its highest paid players in an effort to reduce costs. Additionally, the bankrupt team will have its ballpark capacity reduced and its prestige penalized. Finally, after completing this process, the team will have its debt absolved and will be allowed to continue to compete as a regular team thereafter.

Users of bankrupt teams will be allowed to request other teams when they are removed from clubs entering bankruptcy. Since the club entering bankruptcy will be computer control for 5 weeks, it will be unavailable for that time period."
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I try to keep my team in the black with a little reserve cash, so I am good as far as that goes.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You just need to cut payroll honestly.

Gabriel Greco - A DH based on his position qualifications and defense, and has 16 AB's @ 4mil cost. Not worth paying a guy 4 mil to sit.

You have two 1B playing that cost 4.3m and 5.3m. Take advantage of an affordable 1B option that you have (albeit he's in a funk at this point) and be ok with not having a free agent bust down the doors.

can get rid of 9m or 10m depending on your cuts in 2 moves. You'll probably lose 1 more game after than you won before.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
No, it means if you team drops below $ -10M, then you've got only a few weeks to climb back above it before you're bankrupt. You should try to always stay in the positive.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |