Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Mistakes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Mistakes? Me? As if...

Castellonas is the most recent. Had two younger guys to play ahead of him but as it turned out they both sucked, and one got cut. Oscar's production at 1B would have been very nice, though I ultimately did get production at 1B by moving Dorsey there.

Ellis - some nice results in LLVI but not sure, jury's still out. Actually signed and cut him twice.

Byrd - had everything but a hit tool, though did have two outstanding seasons in LLVI. Apparently he wasn't too old to improve. Ponce also did quite well after he moved on.

Ikeda - I have a two-time MVP at 3B and a couple of very good alternatives, so there was no place for Ikeda. Certainly never expected an 8 Power guy to rake like he has in LLVI - do they play in bandbox?

McAndrews - one of a gazillion young pitchers I recycled trying to find replacements for my vets, who were mostly replacements themselves. See also Odom, Ayala.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Fabio is probably the biggest mistake I made. He has had a solid BA and had 31 HR's and a .327 BA two seasons, even though he played in LL6.

The only reason I released him was that I couldn't find him any playing time when I was in Legends.
metalbat13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Slug-Bug, thank you very much for releasing Su! Through an interpreter, the Z-Man states that he's much happier (and less radioactive) playing in Atlantic City than in Hampton, especially since AC owner Milo Metalbat provides all those additional (and non-taxable) "fringe benefits!"
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@metalbat

We are pleased to inform you that Hampton city officials are doing their best to reduce radioactivity in our area. Although it is important to point out that many opposing players are quite sick leaving here, its no wonder our opponents are terrified to play us. lol

@Pig_Cola

Wanted to say that I hope Simpson does good things for y'all in his limited time left. He probably would have been a good bat off of the bench for me this year, but I already have some good guys off the bench and had some prospects to bring up. He is probably my favorite player I've had since joining.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Morrison is one that comes to mind. His big SI jump came the year after I released him, although that may partially be because he saw a little more playtime. If only I had played him more I might have seen his true potential.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure either of these guys were mistakes given how they have progressed, but I do question my rational from when I dropped them:

Victor Arnold: I think I got caught up in his less than optimal defensive build and lack power, but I probably should have given him a chance to show me what he had before I cut him.

Christian Schneider: I'd probably cut him today given my current understanding of this kind of build. But at the time I'm guessing I thought 31 SI was too low for an 18 year old. That was certainly wrong.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting two days during spring training. A former pitcher of mine won two back to back decisions in spring training while working relief.

The next day, a rival in my league signed an old pitcher of ours, a former Cy Young winner who won the award after we released him.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/135395

That guy is a Pot. 13 with a pretty solid DH build that I released pretty soon after starting the game. I actually mentioned him recently on another thread on the discussion forum.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am still kind of new to the game and I've made many mistakes. But I have learned from my mistakes. In fact, I am sure that I will make more of them becuase I am trying out new things and strategies in the game. But as long as I can learn from them, then they will at least pay me some dividends. :-)

Updated Saturday, December 24 2016 @ 8:56:06 pm PST
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just stumbled back across Green, a 12 pt pitcher who I originally drafted back in 2024. I was more or less blindly releasing guys below 13 pt at the time. After dropping him, he shot through the minors and made the majors at age 23 on a LL-1 team, where he's pitched only sporadically. However, his current build is almost exactly what I'm looking for now in a back-end bullpen piece =_=

Previous Page | Show All |