Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The taste of great,aged wine   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought I would start a thread for owners to show their oldest player who's beating off Father Time with a sledge hammer

ID #84918

He's my guy. At this rate he will play into his 40's as a productive pitcher
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You mean "Hollywood" Harvey Palladino, right?

My guys usually get hit by the ugly stick pretty early, but my closer "Deadeye" Oono has been lucky so far. He even took a pay cut this year despite a career best 1.81 ERA with 50 saves and 0 BS (except in the last game of the playoffs...)
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 For me, that would be “Iron Man” Brent Melton. Seriously. Look at that graph. He just parked himself at 98 SI back in his mid-twenties and refuses to budge. Not the oldest player on the team, maybe, but the oldest one who has been defied the last couple of aging updates. He’s a solidly dependable anchor at the back of the rotation for a team down in VI.7 like mine. It’s going to be a shame when he finally rusts. (He was actually the first guy I looked at after the aging update, I was curious if he had started going downhill yet. …Nope!)

Updated Saturday, December 3 2016 @ 8:58:11 pm PST
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Roger Osbourne [ID #87149 my catcher last year was an all star for the first time at 34. This year he lost one pt in range and bat control. He is only 3 pts lower than his all time si. I noticed that catchers seem to have aged less than other positions while older pitchers stamina and fastball decreased by more than past years.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I expected Parker to get whacked harder than he was. Granted he's no legends superstar on his best day, but if he doesn't tank to hard this season he'll fill a hole until his replacement gets here. Another season or two should do it.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Doug Pierce has defied father time. I think he's the only player with a SI over 100 at his age. He might do decent this year, but next year he might retire.

Updated Sunday, December 4 2016 @ 6:45:30 am PST
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not as old as some of the others, but McDaniel still has a bit of pop as my DH batting cleanup.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lewis Frazier of my has only lost 1 speed for three years and is still 120 SI at age 33 at this rate I'll keep him till his upper 30's and then let him retire his stolen bases are still team best at 33.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Dante Howard looks like a solid player even at 35. Reminds me a lot about my former ace Doug Pierce.

Previous Page | Show All |