Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Borderline Hall of famer Thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's my guy.

http://brokenbat.org/player/81585

On the upside - 2 time league MVP, 4 time All star, Gold Glove winner. 0.306 lifetime hitter, 0.851 OPS.

On the downside - 33 years old, only 5 full time seasons under his belt.

Great performer but the late bloomer really hurts him for HOF. At this point, I'm inclined to not induct but dang, 2030 was a fantastic season.

Updated Tuesday, March 7 2017 @ 1:43:48 pm PST
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a few that I'm struggling with, I'll sort it by best to worst resume (All were members of the 2021 Cup Champion Catfish):

1. Larry Riley - 2 time All-League OF, Rookie of the Year, and 5 Time All Star.

2. Gene Sullivan - 5 time all star and rookie of the year. Some very good seasons but he was the #3 guy behind my 2 hall of fame pitchers (Ricky Mitchell and Alfredo Ibarra)

3. Juan Bonilla - 9 seasons on Team Colombia, 2 time all-star, and a 1 time all-league Closer.

I'd also mention Angel Arellano for being absolutely insane for the 4 seasons I had him, but 2 of his best seasons were for UCLA, so I don't know if I'd put him in as a Catfish.

What do you guys think?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sullivan gets a nod from me, mainly because I had him on my team after he left you. In 2028 he went 12-3 and pitched 112.1 innings - all in relief. His numbers look just okay but I relied on him (and my lefty reliever McKee, who was 16-4 and made the ASG) a ton. Good pitcher.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Amalric - did the previous owner just never call up Fuentes? That's so disappointing.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm afraid so. This guy was ahead of him, but I think almost everyone else would have moved him aside and given Fuentes everything he could handle. Such a pity.

And I just noticed that now Fuentes has retired that it shows his top SI line, 113. I think his report was great hitter, decent slugger, decent speed, amazing in the field, so adding 7-10 SI on to that if he'd been used properly isn't unlikely.

Updated Thursday, March 9 2017 @ 8:05:03 am PST
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just a newbie with nobody anywhere near HOF status but out of curiosity...when a player retires, does the game induct them into the team's HOF or does the owner make that determination himself? If the owner does it, what are generally considered the benchmarks for HOF in BB? In real life, it's 3000 hits, 300 wins, etc. Just wondering.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The owner decideds and can put anyone they want in the Hall even active players.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
For a team playing in III. Or higher, 200 wins, 2000 hits, or 300 homers is impressive.
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Took 64 pages to find something approaching a "Hall of Very Good" thread, or close to it.

Wanted somewhere to put up screwballer Lewandowski, who has been a rock for us for many seasons. Signed & released EIGHT times before he landed with us, and turned into everything you would want in a reliever - a career ERA under 3.00 and 100 Holds. Turning 37 and likely about to get hammered by ageing I'm letting him go, saving myself a little money in the process.

Thanks for everything, Buck.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That is one heck of a pitcher, a fair few good teams has a look at him asking the way but full credit to you for making him stock!

Previous Page | Show All |