Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> End of Season Placement Battles   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kentwood needs a 3 game sweep today in order to finish third with just 67 wins. Montgomery and Knoxville ran away from the rest of us this season.
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My division is going right down to the wire. If I win my last game I'll win the division. If I lose and Burien wins it's last two game Burien wins.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Tied for first going into the last 3 game series but I was in 2nd due to differential. Both teams won their first 2 games. I needed to win and the top team to lose in the final game and that happened so I squeaked it out!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Greene takes the mound to pitch.

Duncan flies out to left field.
Dunlap strikes out.
Dabrowski strikes out.

Kinda neat Greene was on the hill to clinch our pennant. Veteran of over a thousand games out of the Dino pen, and in the sunset of his career. Can picture the celebration. :)
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I nominate the other side of my league, III.1, for the best finish. Going into the last three-game series, Bellevue was up by 3 games and 4 runs over Pasadena who they were playing to finish the season. In game one, Pasadena won 4-3, holding on for dear life two games and two runs back. Pasadena then won the next game, closing to one game out while sporting a two run lead, making it a winner take all last game of the season.

Bellevue took an early lead, but Pasadena scored one in the fifth and sixth to tie it up. In the eighth Pasadena took a 3-2 lead, but then blew the save in the ninth sending the game to extra innings. In the bottom of the tenth, Pasadena drilled a two-run walk-off pennant-winning homer for promotion.

Wow.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks for the effort on this Buff, a fun read.
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In League VI.22 I finished in a tie with the Pocatello Pirates with a record of 105-55. I assume run differential is the tie breaker & I was behind in that all season. We had a good battle the last 35 games or so.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent thread.

buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks everyone!
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll go ahead and add, although I'm a little late.

Early in the season, it looked like I'd be settling for third for the second year in a row, but something changed. We started gaining ground until we actually took the lead late in the season. We then squandered it and blew a few too many late in the year.

Previous Page | Show All |