Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Welp, I blew up my team!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This season I promoted to LL.V before I was ready, and it wasn't helped by (very) extended cold streaks for a lot of my better players. My hope for this year was merely to avoid relegation, but that appears to be fairly slim - unless I go on a tremendous winning streak, it's back to LL.VI for next season.

So, I decided to make some lemonade by sending
Alejandro Infante and Jun Young Song were down to AAA to get some innings in AAA to hopefully recapture some lost minor league development.

I've also put all my still-developing players into the starting lineup to try to maximize their playing time through the rest of this season in the hopes of making them as strong as possible for next season.

I'm just hoping I don't damage the fan mood too much by my expected losing streak.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At 28 Infante might not benefit much from being in AAA. He also doesn't have the "not much room to improve" tag yet. Given he is already 28, he probably won't. Probably doesn't hurt, but not might do much for him.

Good idea with Song, although I might even put him in AA... It looks like he is way behind in minors training.

Putting your developing guys in will definitely pay off in the long run.
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, I'm not expecting much from Infante, given his age.

Thanks for pointing out that Song should be in AA - for some reason, I thought he already had ~150 innings in AA, but I must have looked at Infante twice!

How are spring training ABs counted in terms of training? Is it based on which level they are assigned to when you put them on the ST roster?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure how it works. They definitely get major league experience during Spring, but I *think* they also get some minors training. I would assume at the level they are assigned come Friday (if they do get training).

Previous Page | Show All |